Mounting Dive Rite Butt Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
So I got a butt plate, really like it. It made stowing an SMB a breeze. Feels very comfortable in the water.

bc1030-diving-scuba-tech-buttplate-deco-stage-diverite.webp

On my bp the holes do not line up so I got a set of these as I've seen them used before;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EOWR2A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I knew they were kinda crap, but I needed them asap for a trip that I just got back from and cheap and easy for 2 days of diving it was. Now they rusted to hell (expected) and I need a more permanent / non rusting solution. Any suggestions? I thought about just getting heavier duty SS that wouldn't rust but wanted to see what other people have done before I headed in that direction.

I can take a picture if that helps?

I have read about burning a hole and mounting sex bolts. I'm not really inclined to do that just yet if I can avoid it. Where this hangs with the above attachments feels pretty good, plus it's fairly easy to take off.

Thanks for any tips. I had read a thread on here before but I can't find it at the moment...

SS quick links are fairly easy to find and not that expensive. I've used the ones from Lowes with good success.
Piranha is also a good source.

SS quick links are fairly easy to find and not that expensive. I've used the ones from Lowes with good success.
Piranha is also a good source.

That's what I used...maybe they were just cheap crap. I knew they weren't permanent, I do like them, maybe just need to change out for a better set.

That's what I used...maybe they were just cheap crap. I knew they weren't permanent, I do like them, maybe just need to change out for a better set.
If they rusted that quickly they were Zinc plated steel, not SS.

I have SS quick links holding mine on and haven't had any issues.

Do either of you remember what size you got?

If they rusted that quickly they were Zinc plated steel, not SS.

Yes, they were crap and zinc, but I knew I only needed them for 2 days of diving. They were $2 for the set, so not a big deal

If not taking it on and off, SS spiral/split/key rings work too with a little less bulk. I use them for my lift-bag sleeves.

The same thing you put keys on? Will that hold?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom