Mounting Tek Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaizeNBlue88

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I want to purchase one of the Apeks Tek pockets, but I'm really not sure if I can mount it. On Aqua Lung's website it says to mount the large Tek pocket to the grommets near the hip on the WTX harness but I have my SureLock weight pockets there. Is there any way or anywhere I can mount the large Tek pocket while still using the SureLock weight pockets? If not, can I use any of the Tek pockets with the WTX harness while still using the SureLock weight Pockets?

MaizeNBlue88,

The pockets can be attached by the webbing on the back of each pocket. this will make the pocket sit in front of or behind the weight pocket system. not directly under pockets.

Does it attach using the grommet holes? I havn't personally seen or inspected any of the Tek pockets so I'm not sure as to the layout of the attachments. The SureLock pockets use the four front grommet holes so I wasn't sure if there was a different mounting method that had to be utilized to attach the Tek pockets.

MaizeNBlue88,

The pockets have a large web loop to slide over a BC lobe and two smaller web loops to slide over standard two inch waistband webbing.
IMG_6432 - Copy.jpg

Oh ok, thank you, that definitely clears things up.

---------- Post added June 18th, 2015 at 02:46 PM ----------

I just checked my BC this morning and it occurred to me that I have no extra webbing to attach the large pocket. Being that I have a thin build around the midsection, the SureLock pockets are only about 2-3 inches from the cam buckle on either side when I don my BC. So unless I want the pocket pretty much right in the center, using the webbing is out. And I don't mean to sound ignorant but when you say "BC lobe", what is it you're talking about?

Back
Top Bottom