Movie WB setting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What size slate or sheet do you guys use?

If it's small I suspect I have to zoom in so it fills the full frame but I need it far enough away from the dome so the ambient light is accurate (50-100cm away), since I am using it for wide angle, for microscope and macro I will use auto as I plan to run either my inon strobes or my video lights on those.
My grayscale slate is about 4x6 inches

@scubadada thank you, I assume this means you zoom to ensure it fills the sensor area? And I wish the olympus had a one button approach it's 5+ on my TG-6

Yes, the lens is in about in mid position, I often carry it that way and adjust for the shot. I carry the slate on a small retractor on my left chest D-ring, very quick to access. I hold it out in front of the lens so that it is essentially full frame. Works for me.

I never zoom in to set the white balance. I just make sure the slate fully covers the little square thing on the display. Also, tanks work great to set white balance to if you don't want to carry a slate with you. I use them all the time as long as they aren't painted. When you get to the bottom snap a pic of someone's tank and done.

@al248005, if I understand you then only the small green area on the white balance screen is used for the evaluation not the full sensor area?

The manual is rather lacking (in this and many other aspects).

Yes it should be in the form of a little box. I've never filled the entire screen and it's worked out for me it seems.

Ahh thanks, you have just made my life much easier :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom