Moving posts: was "Incredible Shrinking Lungs"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IncreaseMyT

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Awww cute. You guys are so mad you moved my posts. Can I ask a question? Why are all the mods so threatened by me on this site?

I can't make a single post without a full out attack by the "mods", all you perfect divers. Must be nice to make the world think all of this behind your computer.

If I had to bet, most of you haven't dived a handful of dives in the last year

You guys really need your T checked.

Awww cute. You guys are so mad you moved my posts. Can I ask a question? Why are all the mods so threatened by me on this site?

I can't make a single post without a full out attack by the "mods", all you perfect divers. Must be nice to make the world think all of this behind your computer.

You guys really need your T checked.

Believe me, no mod is even remotely threatened by your presence on the Board. What we do try to uphold, is not letting the threads get massively derailed. As I type this, there are currently 544,982 threads on the board, with 7,381,268 posts. That is there to serve the 225,752 members as well as the huge amount of guest users coming here from Google etc, searching for answers to their issues.

In order to make this place the resource it is, we split off conversations that go wildly off from the original post, in order to avoid silting out the main point. Believe me, we have enough going on that you don't even ping our radar. If we were threatened, it would be way less work to just delete all this rather than split it off and go through every single post to ensure we don't lose anyone's point from either discussion.

Personally, my "T" is just fine, thank you for asking. And I have been a bit slow on the diving this year, so far only 60 or so.

Awww cute. You guys are so mad you moved my posts.
Mad? Not at all. It was way off topic in the near misses forum and seemed to be more about physiology.
So hostile. Here's my last rebreather cave dive two weeks ago, The Grand Traverse at Peacock Springs which is about a mile underground with crappy vis due to river water intrusion. Am I allowed to do my job now?

uSi8X1-screenshot_20190313-141912_connect.jpg

uSi8X2-screenshot_20190313-141850_connect.jpg

No lungs were imploded during this dive.

Oh yea I am hostile lol After 75 pages yea I got a lil irritated what can I say.

Do you have anything to say about this literature proving a reduction in lung volume on these bounce dives?

Seriously!!! Who doesn't get irritated when I am driving around trying to get ready to actually go diving and Scubadada is demanding my dive profiles!!!

All to be proven wrong in the end.

Oh yea I am hostile lol After 75 pages yea I got a lil irritated what can I say.

Do you have anything to say about this literature proving a reduction in lung volume on these bounce dives?
Nope. About to get my rebreather ready for the dive tomorrow and don't have the time to worry about picayune crap.

Some people want to know what's right and listen to doctors. You seem to want to prove you're right in spite of the experts who disagree. It's like arguing with a sign post and taking the wrong way home or the climate change deniers. What can I say? I still have my work table to clear off so I can get ready for tomorrow. Have fun tilting at windmills.

Just because they are a doctor doesn't mean they are right, trust me I have met plenty that think they know everything and I can assure you they do not.

The study I posted proves it, I would love to see someone try to say shrinking does not occur when its actually very well documented in that study from 1996.

It took me a while to find it, but it's there. So not sure why it would even be debatable at this point.

This thread is about the thread split. The posts about physiology and the effect of Boyles law on lung volume were moved to the forum where those discussions take place. The near misses forum has special rules in place to keep it on track and effective at accomplishing the purpose of those discussions. There is nothing wrong with the discussion about lung volume but that discussion is a sidebar discussion and needed to be moved to the right forum just as a discussion about why the split occurred needed to be moved to site support. The discussion about lung volume and the effect of pressure on it at depth is thrown off topic by your post about moderation decisions.

While I sympathize with you for wanting to state your opinion without anyone telling you that your guess of what is the cause of your observation is incorrect, it is a discussion forum and many of the people reading it have spent many years working in the field and they don't want incorrect guesses to go unchallenged. The study you linked doesn't actually support the idea of your lungs being reduced in volume on scuba in the way a freediver's lungs are.

I do think that arguing back and forth about it is a waste of time but some of that is bound to occur. We will try to keep the tone of the discussion respectful. We will sometimes fail.

Ray, this is the second thread in 2 weeks that I have been "told I was wrong" from multiple people that they were proven to be wrong. That turned into a train wreck, because a lot of people here just parrot what they read and do not understand it, so when someone gives them a different perception they cannot handle it.

I am not the problem. Do you want me to ignore the responses? Should I be ok with someone calling me ignorant even though they were proven wrong many times?

BTW @Storker How am I doing in the getting laid dept?

Screen-Shot-2019-04-10-at-1-39-22-PM.png

Back
Top Bottom