Moving to Greenville SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am moving to Greenville SC in December and I am looking for information on dive sites and dive shops in the area. I currently have a master diver card through SSI and I am looking at going towards the technical side of diving. I look forward to joining the diving community down there and diving new places. Thanks

Definitely hit us up when you arrive in SC. I live in Taylors and I am always doing something (SCUBA, mountain biking, running, backpacking, etc...).

Dito to what UnderSeaBumbleBee said about food. I love food.:D

If you are looking for the best technical diving that the area has to offer, check out Lake Jocassee. I dive tech there and so do many of my friends. I wish we had some UTD/GUE/DIR shops in the area, but Bill at Lake Jocassee Dive Shop (Off the Wall) and Mike Billings are great instructors.

Food
Pita House--middle eastern food
India Palace
Cateran's --southern cooking best catfish and fried chicken around--only takes cash
Taco Casa--only takes cash local 1 location place best tacos
El Moca Jete authentic Mexican and it is really cheap
Jocassee Outdoor Center--Hunts Brothers pizza. after a long cold dive this is the best stuff.
Henry's Smoke House great b-q
Fatz Cafe sort of like an Apple B's but I think way better--calabash chicken is your friend
Stax Original wonderful breakfasts and good meat and 3 dinners
Sushi Masa--I am not into the raw stuff but those that do love it. I get the bento box with pork ginger or chicken teriyaki
And there is a great taco stand in the back of a trailer park but I can't post the location online LOL
Charlies B-Q or Little Pigs are pretty good too.
Mabel's Deli--she runs it out the back of a gas station on Batesville Rd near Pelham and 85. Her breakfasts and lunches are legendary. I have been going there for 20 years. Not a place you count calories or points. She makes the best gravy biscuit and sausage, chicken salad and blt--she puts like 10 strips of bacon on those suckers!

All of the above places are on the lighter side of $ They are my very favorite places to eat. Good food, great value and run by great folks.

That sounds awesome; I am looking forward to it. There is nothing better than pigging out after a long day of diving.

Food
Pita House--middle eastern food
India Palace
Cateran's --southern cooking best catfish and fried chicken around--only takes cash
Taco Casa--only takes cash local 1 location place best tacos
El Moca Jete authentic Mexican and it is really cheap
Jocassee Outdoor Center--Hunts Brothers pizza. after a long cold dive this is the best stuff.
Henry's Smoke House great b-q
Fatz Cafe sort of like an Apple B's but I think way better--calabash chicken is your friend
Stax Original wonderful breakfasts and good meat and 3 dinners
Sushi Masa--I am not into the raw stuff but those that do love it. I get the bento box with pork ginger or chicken teriyaki
And there is a great taco stand in the back of a trailer park but I can't post the location online LOL
Charlies B-Q or Little Pigs are pretty good too.
Mabel's Deli--she runs it out the back of a gas station on Batesville Rd near Pelham and 85. Her breakfasts and lunches are legendary. I have been going there for 20 years. Not a place you count calories or points. She makes the best gravy biscuit and sausage, chicken salad and blt--she puts like 10 strips of bacon on those suckers!

All of the above places are on the lighter side of $ They are my very favorite places to eat. Good food, great value and run by great folks.

For BBQ in Greenville, I like Henry's, but Bucky's is my favorite. I am not a fan of little pigs, too dry.

Southern Tyhmes in Greer, OJ's, Gene's or the Clock: Meat and 3 add the Country Ham House for breakfast too.

Copper River Grill: like an Applebees but for the same price you get twice the food.

Northgate Soda Shop, the Clock, or Carolina Fine Food for burgers.

Mexican: Corona's, but +1 for Taco Casa (just do not o during lunch if you want to find a place to park or sit and eat).

For coffee: Leopard Forrest (they roast their own without burning), Coffee and Crema (counter-culture roasting), and Spill the Beans (in the downtown park and has even better ice cream).

If you want something more pricey, or that has a good bar, I can recommend those too.

Welcome Jerry

The last post prior to yours was over a year ago, so it may take a bit for folks to catch on. Very generous offer to share your boat! Take a trip to Upstate Scuba or one of the other shops and start to meet the folks up that way. I met some of them in Florida a few years back - all good folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom