Moving to Parkland, new diver needing to complete OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDMac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all.

I find myself in a unique position where I am moving from Pennsylvania (after only being here for 2 years - moved from the Houston area) to Parkland, FL.

I started my OW cert last summer/fall here in PA and was unable to complete my open water dives before the weather turned.

I will need to get a referral (PADI) to complete my cert in Florida (Hey, I'm not complaining!!)

I could use some information on what documentation I need from my previous instructor to bring with me and I could use some recommendations on dive ops/instructors in the Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Parkland areas.

Looking forward to some great diving in Florida.

Hi Craig: Welcome to Scubaboard. I'm not a PADI instructor but most agencies have a 1 year time limit to course completion. If that time lapses, you may have to start over. Having said that, if you know the material/skills, most instructors can custom tailor the course to you so as not to drag it on needlessly. Many times, the instructor that started you has to send material to cone finishing the course.

Thanks, @Compressor

I've got an email in to my instructor to ask about the process so hopefully she and I can connect this week to sort it out and then I'll need to get my OW completed soon after arriving in FL (3rd week of April).

Yes and good. It's not difficult to do at all.
Glad I could help and enjoy ScubaBoard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom