Moving to the treasure coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Draefish

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi fellow divers,
In the next few months I will be moving to Florida treasure coast area. I have very limited experience diving, having done about 10 dives when I was 25. (45 now!) I have an Open water diver cert from SSI.
I'm looking for advice on training in the area and school recommendations. I plan to train a lot so I can safely go out with a buddy on dives. Currently looking at Melbourne, Sebastian and Vero as areas to live. Would like to get involved with the scuba community there also. So any advice is welcome. Very excited to finally have a chance to pursue my dream of diving regularly as a hobby once again. Thanks for your tips in advance, sorry I can't be more specific at this time on area. Should know better in about 4-6 weeks time.

Hey there and welcome to the treasure coast.....the diving in this area is questionable, I always head to West Palm or the Keys....if you have a boat there can be some diving done here (treasure hunting or stone crab traps). There are a couple dive shops in the area, Melbourne being the best with Hatts (PADI), they offer charters out of West Palm. I use them exclusively, there is a couple in Vero but not worth it. I suggest you call Hatts and see what is on the schedule and run with it! Love this area and welcome, happy diving!

Hi There, How is local Melbourne FL diving? My sister bought a condo in Indialantic, so I have been visiting a bit.
Have you gone diving the river, along side the highway on either side of bridges? I wondered if this would be a good metal detecting spot as there are often swimmer there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom