Suggestion Mozilla/Firefox ScubaBoard and ScubaToys search plugins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Reaction score
Thanks to rab for pointing out that you can post zip files.

Here they are! These plugins will add scubaboard and/or scubatoys to your search options in Firefox (up there in the search window that comes with Google by default). To install them:

Unzip either or both...whichever searches you want.

Each zip file has two files in it: a small XML file with a .src extension, and a jpg graphic. There is nothing even potentially virusy here at all.

Copy both files into the "searchplugins" directory of Firefox. For me, that's at:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins
Your may be elsewhere depending where you have Firefox installed.

Restart Firefox.

Now you should be all set. To choose where to search click the Google icon in the search window and change it to scubaboard or scubatoys.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions :D Maybe post a reply to this thread if you use the plugin and like it/dislike it or have suggestions. It's nice to know if it's useful.

Thanks to Yukoneer for making icons.

Gregg

Good job Pig-faced Fish :thumb: I have no idea what all this means, but it has an impressive sound. :)

DandyDon:
Good job Pig-faced Fish :thumb: I have no idea what all this means, but it has an impressive sound. :)

It means that those of us that use Mozilla or Firefox have a built in search function, a plug-in that allows the user to search or access Scubaboard and Scubatoys to look for something without having to get to the site first. Example: you open the browser, you open the plug-in, type in the search query and voila! you are there. There are also native built in plug-ins for Google, eBay, Yahoo...see the list below

Download firefox and you shall see, far more advanced and better browser then IE

scubamickey:
I just found this plug in. Thanks a lot.

I wonder how many of us on this forum are using Mozilla/Firefox?

About 8% of the board, maybe more depending on the day.

Yup, 92%+ is IE.

I've added a link to this thread in the User CP area, more links to follow in time.

Tech Admin:
About 8% of the board, maybe more depending on the day.

Thanks.
I started using it about a week ago and I love it. I got tired of IE crashing on me and decided to try FF. I can't believe I didn't switch sooner!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom