Mr. OTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OTS' Guardian FFM, targeted for the Sport Market, was pre-announced at DEMA 2007 in order to solicit feedback from the marketplace. You can check here or here for more information.

The new 2-channel Buddy Phone is expected to be available 2Q08 as well. It will available for our new Guardian mask as well as other manufacturer's masks supported with the current Buddy Phone. Highlights of the new Buddy Phone are:

• 2 Channels (Chan 1 & 4) giving the greatest channel separation while still compatible with our popular STX-101 and SSB-2010
  • Digital Signal Processor to further enhance audio clarity and functionality
  • Voice Menu System to control Volume (5-levels) & Channel
  • Squelch to minimize ambient noise from natural and man-made sources
  • Audio confirmation of activation & deactivation including remaining battery life in 25% increments
  • Continuous Transmit Option (via voice menu)

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Craig

I have called OTS and their newest estimation of delivery is DEMA 08... well that's all well and good but in the mean time... we wait... I tried the mask on at Our World Underwater and it was great but who knows if it will ever be released.

The DEMA target is still current. We hope to have a significant number of existing orders filled by then. The final tooling is being done for the regulator. The mask is done and as soon as we have the first of the regulators out of production, we have a flurry of testing to do to verify the design. Even though I'm on the design team, I'm kinda in the same boat. It's like being a kid before Christmas and Christmas keeps moving. We appreciate your patience. The mask is coming. The way we see it, we have one chance to get this right. The first masks will be all black, the colors will follow. For anyone that has any questions, feel free to call me.

John Hott
Training Director
Ocean Technology Systems
800-550-1984 x112

i'm with you...i would like to get a couple of them but if the wait is to long i have a tendecy to loose intrest..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom