Multi talented PADI IDC Staff Instructor seeking employment worldwide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistadeeuk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there,

Below is a summary of my journey to date, if you like what you read please contact me soon as possible as I'm proactively searching and applying for many jobs.

About me...

I spent the first 10 years of my working life in sales, marketing and multi-account management. Then I discovered scuba diving, this transformed my life spectacularly. I had always enjoyed the teacher/trainer aspect of my careers and very quickly realised I wanted to further my diver training and became a diving instructor. After completing my Divemaster qualification in the UK I resigned from my job, gave up my life in the UK and moved to Thailand to pursue my new found dream. I progressed my training at one of the world’s largest PADI Career Development Centres in the world, Mermaids Dive Centre in Thailand.

I was actively involved in all parts of Mermaids whilst training with them. I would regularly help out the DM & IDC candidates by running skill circuit sessions in the pool to help them perfect their skills and would hold dive theory classes for those who needed help with mastering dive knowledge. Working in a busy CDC such as Mermaids was an excellent experience and would love to be part of one again.

When I finally left Thailand I had become a PADI IDC Staff Instructor with six speciality instructor ratings and an Emergency First Response Instructor. I was now equipped with the knowledge, experience and proven skills to successfully work in and operate any dive centre. I was then employed for over a year by Zanzibar Watersports as a senior instructor in an extremely busy business. ZW had three dive centres, a fleet of fourteen boats and employed over forty people. I worked at the largest of the centres alongside the Base Leader, between us we led a team of staff to operate all aspects of this complex operation. I gained knowledge and experience in a key number of practical areas whilst in the position. We serviced and maintained all our dive equipment in-house, including regulators, tank inspections and repairs, BCDs and compressors.

I left Zanzibar after 13 months to travel around Thailand for few months as I never got much chance during my training. I then decided to invest further in my training and went to South Africa to study for my RYA Yachtmaster course. This was an awesome experience, I got the chance to sail a 50ft yacht from Mauritius to Cape Town. I logged over 3000 nautical miles during the course and also gained my RYA Power Boat 2 license.

After this course I continued to travel around South Africa and southern Africa for another year then returned back to UK and obtained a temporary job in order to save money and purchase new dive equipment before returning to a diving job.

I have completed over 1200 dives to date, most of which are in tropical conditions, therefore I have excellent knowledge of tropical marine life all gained through practical experiences and self-study.

I have 114 dive certifications to date and 10 EFR certifications. I have plenty of experience in teaching both small and large groups of divers. I am a very patient teacher and can adapt my teaching style to meet the needs of individuals or groups. I have a mature, yet fun approach to work and I am a very organised person with an excellent attention to detail and I always go above and beyond what is expected of me.

As I spent 10 years in an number of successful business careers I am very well versed in administration work. In particular, I can offer a lot of sales experience if I was successful as this was a large part of my working life. I am also an experience Photoshop user and graphic design has been a big hobby of mine for years. Whilst at Zanzibar watersports and designed all there marketing and advertising material. I hope these skills could become useful to your business.

Please note: I am not looking to work in a business which is located in a "party" atmosphere - this type of community and life style doesn't appeal to me.

I am available from the end of April/early May

Please email me for more information or if you have an positions available.

Thanks for reading :eek:)

Darren Shuttleworth
PADI IDCS 650968

Email: professionaldiver@gmail.com

Last edited:
maybe i did not read carefully enough, but what are your language skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom