Multideco... tips and tricks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I calculate bailout with the add deco button, so set up the dive profile in ccr, select the gases used then add deco, which then gives you a profile using the oc gases at your chosen GFs and SAC.

You can then reference the volumes required and manipulate them to reflect how much gas you want to carry based on 1.5, 2 times the vol etc.

I use OC legs in the CCR plan for overhead or return to shot planning.

Nice one; didn't realise you could do that.

The "Bailout" option allows you to change the gradient factors, e.g. from 50/80 to 50/90.

The desktop Mac/PC versions are quite different user interfaces.

Which version do you have?

For CCR diving, there's some quirks in Multideco, especially with bailout planning. It does come up with the right answers, but some of the extra info (gas consumption) can be a bit odd. Similarly keep an eye on the start point of bailout gasses (e.g. define 80% as 10m).

I quite like it and trust it for diving.

I guess one of the limitations of planning is where you've planned for a 60m/200' dive, but have spent a large time on the deck of the wreck 15m above. That's where the planning's just a worst-case guide; it's the dive computers which you use to run the deco.

Mac version

_R

The biggest tip is, enter all the gases you can imagine. Enter all the dive plans you can imagine. Then use the check box to enable them, click the red X (which won't yet delete them) and click Edit (instead of Delete) to match up with your actual plans.

That's MD's biggest advantage over Subsurface. In Subsurface you can only delete a gas or a segment when you want to compare variations. Then, you have to go back and reenter them if you want to return to your original plan. Unless there's a Subsurface trick I'm unaware of...

There is a trick! The last column lets you toggle gasses. Not segments of the dive though, but already super helpful

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-02 194623.jpg

I calculate bailout with the add deco button, so set up the dive profile in ccr, select the gases used then add deco, which then gives you a profile using the oc gases at your chosen GFs and SAC.

You can then reference the volumes required and manipulate them to reflect how much gas you want to carry based on 1.5, 2 times the vol etc.

I use OC legs in the CCR plan for overhead or return to shot planning.

Here are some screenshots of what he is describing above:

plan_oc-scr_in_ccr.png

Other help with config and planning in MultiDeco is available at: MultiDeco FAQ

Found this thread but wanted to ask a question.
When I enter a depth, time, mix, setpoint and calculate the tool runs a 21% mix but decreases the PO2 for the duration of the dive. How do I set the setpoint and it keep it for all levels of the dive?
I have MD from 2020 and the Setpoint stayed at what I set and just dowloaded MD onto my new phone and it is different with the changing SP.
Thanks, any help?

It needs to know the diluent to work out MODs and the like, plus the amount of helium in the mix. With air dil, it means the MOD is the setpoint over mix

MOD = 1.3 / 0.21 = 6.2ATA = 52m / 170ft

The setpoint is the PPO2 at all levels of the dive, thus MultiDeco can work out how much nitrogen is in the mix per depth and calculate the decompression obligation.

Then it prints out the calculated plan.

Found this thread but wanted to ask a question.
When I enter a depth, time, mix, setpoint and calculate the tool runs a 21% mix but decreases the PO2 for the duration of the dive. How do I set the setpoint and it keep it for all levels of the dive?
I have MD from 2020 and the Setpoint stayed at what I set and just dowloaded MD onto my new phone and it is different with the changing SP.
Thanks, any help?
Are you sure you're in CCR mode?

A screen shot of your problem would help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom