Multiple DCS 5 years ago, is okay to dive again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I had DCS a few times back in 2003 and before, was in the decompression chamber twice. My heart was checked out and it is fine. Currently when I am tired or stress out the symptoms would come back. Symptoms are mostly achiness and pins and needles. I stop diving back in 2003, after all these years, nitrogen should be out of my system.

I am thinking of diving Nitrox only at 36% oxygen and above 50 feet, only 1 dive per day, most likely one dive per week. I am 46 years old very fit, workout three times a week on weights and cardio. I value all your opinions.

Last edited:
Hello Dominic888:

You have a problem here since what would be though of as symptoms of neurologic DCS appear without diving. Were you to dive and these appear, how would anyone know that you did not have neurologic DCS that it could be the beginning of a progression to paralysis?

When these symptoms appear in the absence of diving, it is clear that they are not from nitrogen bubble formation. You have some other problem that could be a simple as a carbon dioxide issue. People under stress can breathe more rapidly, eliminate carbon dioxide, and obtain your symptoms. There might well be some other neurologic factor responsible for the aches, and this needs to be checked.

In short, diving at this time is not a good idea – in my opinion.

Dr Deco :doctor:

The next class in Decompression Physiology for 2008 is November 15 - 16.
This class is at the USC campus in Los Angeles.
Advanced Decompression Physiology Seminar Information

Back
Top Bottom