Multiple deaths diving off NC coast May 10, 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_C

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There are conflicting details online but there appeared to have been 2-3 deaths off the NC coast today. Does anybody know anything definitive?

A buddy that lives in Morehead City messaged me that it was not on the 352, and also that it was not a charter from Olympus. But, no details on where it was or who with.

The Olympus FB posts today were definitely too upbeat for them to have had an issue of this magnitude.

Sympathies for the family.

Oh no! I was hoping it’d be a misinformed rumor, but enough people have chimed in that it’s apparently not.

Prayers to all involved.

Jim

The Instigator FB page (a boat out of Morehead City) says 2 deaths, not with them or Olympus, and not on the 352.

I am not sure of the details, but praying for the families and for those involved. I was not able to be in the water yesterday, but i know a few who were and they heard the call over the radio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom