Multiple dives, multiple days..Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most operations in Bonaire,Brac,andthe rest of the carribean uses 32% and I dive three a day for two weeks at a time. If you haven't dived multiple dives with nitrox and a little "long in the tooth" you are in for a treat..........almost back to the Brac.

Personaly myself, I would just set my VR3 for whatever nitrox I have and dive.

If the computer says its good to go, get wet, do your deco and have fun.

After about day 4, I normally lay back a little for a day

Curt Bowen:
Personaly myself, I would just set my VR3 for whatever nitrox I have and dive.

If the computer says its good to go, get wet, do your deco and have fun.

After about day 4, I normally lay back a little for a day

Most divers do exactly that.

I just got back from doing a week straight of diving with normal air. They had no nitrox on sipadan. I did no less than 4 dives a day every day, one day I did 6 dives. My deepest was over 50m and each morning we hit 40 at least. I had a head cold as well and I'm still alive!

Thanks guys, my trip is coming up in 3 days.....I have been in contact with the Dive Shop at Capt Don's and they are able to give us any Nitrox fill we want. My equipment and I max out at 40%, but I doubt we will do anything over 36%...I'm thinking 32% will be the norm with 36% for the nice shallow night dives.

We are planning a very aggressive dive vacation, as always...and will most likely do exactly what Curt mentioned above. As most of you know, Bonaire allows for great dive profiles with its gradual slopes...so we always take advantage of that and make extra long stops throughout the trip.

Thanks again,

Jason

I have only stayed at Captain Don's and Divi Flamingo and I would recommend either. I have also heard good things about Lions Dive, Buddy Dive, Plaza Resort and a few others that escape my brain.

Actually, as far as underwater life goes and water clarity...Cozumel wins hands down IMO, but Bonaire gives you something more important to me...FREEEEDOM!!!
If your not afraid of a little shore diving and are comfortable planning your own dives etc..then Bonaire tops Cozumel without a doubt. My buddy and I like to adhere to our own schedules, not a dive boats/DM's schedule. In Bonaire, if you want to wake up at 3am and do a night dive, there are tanks waiting for you..plain and simple.

Some people don't like the sometime physical portion of shore diving, yes it does take some work to get in and out of the water..nothing bad though...water is usually rougher in my pool than in Bonaire. Well I'll stop now because I could go on and on and on...

Back
Top Bottom