Multiple dives, multiple days..Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funkyspelunker:
totally sold, I love the freedom of shore diving, have no problem lugging tanks around to be able to do whatever, whenever and for however long. what about linking up with buddies there? If I went there solo, would it be pretty easy to find some other divers to buddy up at my accommodation? is there a particular resort you think would be best for this purpose? I've heard a lot about buddy dive.

You'll slways have buddies on the boats.Meeting buddies for shore dives depends on your "social skills". Sometimes you run into large groups from a single shop and someone wants to break away from the group. Or couples that don't mind a tag-a -long.

mer:
If
In short, you get added saftey margin (reduced DCS risk) OR greater time at depth. Pick one.

Shorter surface intervals is the primary benefit - especially in a place like Bonaire

Tking a break in the middle of a short trip really seems to spoil things. You can get some pretty long surface intervals just by skipping a night dive.

Jep - you said you are staying at Habitat? Every once in a while they run out of Nitrox. They did back in July for a couple of days.

Try Red Beryl. and Larry's, and have fun.

Damsel,

My post was implying that we are not going to be taking a break from diving during the week...our breaks are when we arrive and 24 hours before our flight. We are there to dive, not play around on the surface with the donkeys. :)

RJ, we might just do that..or atleast do a nice 15-20 ft night dive for an hour or so.

Thanks for the heads up about the nitrox. I will ask, hopefully the resort will be dead and nobody used the nitrox. :)

rjchandler:
Tking a break in the middle of a short trip really seems to spoil things. You can get some pretty long surface intervals just by skipping a night dive.

Jep - you said you are staying at Habitat? Every once in a while they run out of Nitrox. They did back in July for a couple of days.

Try Red Beryl. and Larry's, and have fun.

While in Bonaire for dive fest we dove a minimum of 5 dives a day on various nitrox mixes 32-35. I never really got close to reaching limits either nitrogen or o2. Most of the good stuff in Bonaire isn't really deep. Keep an eye out for the male and female Frogfish just off Captin Dons near the small wall. Also set up the Towne Pier night dive early it's worth it.

Well, I just got back from Bonaire---staying at Capt Don's for 7 days of diving. Due to some equipment problems and other unforeseen circumstances, we only got 26 dives in....

24 dives were on Nitrox, mostly 32-33%... This being my first multiple day/dives on Nitrox I must say that I am sold on it. For the dive profiles we mainly did 40-70 feet, we never even came close to pushing our O2 limits, let alone our NDL's. Our computers stayed well within its green area. I don't think I even hit a PO2 of 1.2 the entire trip.

The last day we got 4 dives in and stayed shallower just to error on the conservative side even more. We dove 32-36-36-40 in that order, just to gain experience with different mixes and planning...no biggie though. The kind of diving profiles we did in Bonaire were very conservative as far as depth goes, future trips will probably yield deeper dives, but I still am convinced Nitrox will be the way to go. :)

Back
Top Bottom