Murder In Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
It's not clear but I take it that the victim was stabbed on a dive...??

FBC News
A 50-year-old diver has been remanded in custody for allegedly killing his de-facto partner last Sunday.

Bernard Hicks, who is charged with one count of murder, appeared in the Suva Magistrates Court today.

It is alleged that Hicks stabbed 36-year-old Lavenia Radinitavea eight times with a knife, after an argument.

The victim was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Police Prosecutor Josua Shaw objected to bail, saying the offence is serious and the case is of public interest.

Shaw also says the offence is indictable and prior to the incident, the accused and the relatives of the victim were not on good terms.

The bail hearing will be held tomorrow.

Perhaps that is how the accused made his living. For example: Charged is a 38 year old pipefitter from Northampton area.

Wait a minute. Since I started diving I was always taught that we carry a dive knife so if sharks are swimming around you, you take out your knife and stab your dive buddy so you can get away.

OK 8 times might be excessive here.

Since this might have happened on land it signals those pesky land sharks where circling.

ShrimpDaddy

Back
Top Bottom