Music to accompany underwater video??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is plenty of music you can get on CD's to use too. Check out bluefusemusic.com or studiocutz.com

You always want to use music you are allowed to when ever possible...

Thanks Annie!

I'll check it out. By the way, you do awesome work. I've been to your website several times and the videos are great.

BDSC

Jamendo.com has tons of music from all different genres that you are free to use within the Creative Commons license. Almost all of it is labeled for non-commercial use, but you can use it in your videos, post it to the internet, etc., legally. You need only credit the artist as directed on the site. Many Vimeo users use music from Jamendo. Its worth browsing through.

There is also Sony Cinescore software, which I like. Its not free, and many of the themes and variations sound like the score from a bad 80's TV cop show, but many of them are very good. You can listen to samples on the Sony Creative Software website.

Thanks for suggestion for Sting - The Living Sea. The tracks Ocean Waltz and Jellyfish Lake are perfect. I like instrumental tracks.

When snorkeling off Cairns, Australia in the 90's, they sold a dive video with Pachelbel's Canon as the background music which also works great behind dive footage.

For copyright concerns, be sure to purchase the MP3 you are using, and give artist attribution in the video. Individual songs can be had for a buck on Amazon, iTunes, Zune, Rhapsody.

When making videos you can use whatever music you find appropriate. There is one caveat, however. For purposes of posting that video online... that is where you might hit snags. Take youtube for example. They have software that identifies song tracks. On top of it for every 10 people who watch videos on youtube there will always be like 5 who like to report videos just because there is music in them. Youtube quickly strips your music track. Bastards.. woops did I say that out loud?!

Very good idea to legalize Your underwater visuals!
You can easily purchase a license of a single music track or even an album which is good for
lifetime usage.
Here are a few links: Home
You can read more about that also on: Underwater DVD - #1 Underwater DVDs for your collections of underwater videos for relaxations, meditations, for waiting rooms, spas, clinic, etc. with nature natural sounds accompany by soothing music.

Hi,

Just came back from a diving expedition - the first one since trying out underwater Videography... A wonderful experience indeed!

I've posted video on Youtube...

YouTube - Impressions - Sodwana 2008

My query is in regards with the choice of music for posting video online.
I notice that many people simply use tracks from popular artists, which is great,
however is it legal to post video with copyrighted music as soundtrack on youtube et al?

I've decided for the first video to make a quick soundtrack with Garageband (Apple inc) - but for future attempts I would like to add other music as well...

So, my question: Where can I source good background music for underwater video that I can legally use to upload to sites like youtube?

Are there any websites where you could buy music legally to use with my productions?

Getty Music Images has within the last week attached false copyright claims to multiple videos I have posted to YouTube with background music purchased from Smart Sound/Sonic Forge and incorporated into the clip using my video editing software plug in. It is a royal pain to send disputes every time and then YouTube gets to stick a free advertisement on my video, in addition to all the ads stuck around the edges. I do use Vimeo too but some of the public only knows YouTube.

PS: all my disputes eventually get upheld and claim released.

Royalty Free doesn't mean you are licensed to use the music for whatever you want. If you are going to monetize your videos you want to be very careful. I've used many songs from incompetech.com/ Kevin Macleod at incompetech allows you to use all his songs on monetized videos, you just need to provide attribution (credit) on the video. YouTube also has an audio library that is free to use on monetized videos https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music
I've also used Danosongs as well: Royalty Free Music & Songs | DanoSongs.com
In addition, I've used Freesound.org at this site there is a variety of sound choices, some are public domain and free to use, some are free to use with attribution for non-commercial, etc. All the different licenses are explained there.

Be careful because you don't want to have a video you worked hard on have the sound track deleted or have someone else make a claim copyright to the music and then run ad's and profit off your video

What I don't understand is, if I purchased a license to use music royalty free and it is valid, would be upheld in court, and some outfit decides to claim a royalty why is the burden of proof on me. I also don't understand that if Getty Music image is selling the same royalty free clip as i purchase from another vendor that has every legal right to license it to me, how does Getty Music image know it is not purchased from them. Seems fishy to me.

I called them out on their Facebook page and they took all the claims down, seems fishy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom