Mx10 & Ys40a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will try to find "The New Guide To Sea and Sea" but since I am living overseas (Eastern Europe) it won't be easy.

Dear Herman, thanks for help and tips. Next chance for UW test of the camera/strobe will be in September.

Till then, best regards.

Ronjac:
Dear Herman,

I have tested the camera (in my bathtub, without film) and both the YS40a and MX10 works! Once I set the aperture to proper number, without the lighting bolth, the strobe fires. I have no idea why it was not working during my dives-it must be my fault due to the lack of experience.

Can you please advice me how to use close up lens and diffuser since I have those accessories. I understand that I have to use different aperture than when camera is in "normal" mode. Maybe some tips abouth technic.

Thanks and best regards.
Hope I am nopt interrupting your dialogue with "herman" but I saw that herman mentioned about 'The New Guide to Sea and Sea'. I won a new copy of this book at our local treasure hunt yesterday. I don't have much use for it. Are you interested? I can provide more details on the 336 page book to see if it matches your needs. I would rather someone get some use out of it or it will just collect dust. Wouldn't be looking for more than the postage to get it to you.

Thanks Intarsia, I would like to have Joe Liburdi and Cara Sheman's New Guide to S&S since the manual is poor and I have no books at all. I will check with my relative from USA, OH if he can pay for it (no reliable system from my side), and he will find a way to sent it to me afterwards. Are you writing from USA and how could he get in touch with you? If am not wrong, you are only asking for postage? Thanks a lot, thats very generous from you.

Best regards and hope to hear from you soon.

Ronjac:
Thanks Intarsia, I would like to have Joe Liburdi and Cara Sheman's New Guide to S&S since the manual is poor and I have no books at all. I will check with my relative from USA, OH if he can pay for it (no reliable system from my side), and he will find a way to sent it to me afterwards. Are you writing from USA and how could he get in touch with you? If am not wrong, you are only asking for postage? Thanks a lot, thats very generous from you.

Best regards and hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Intarsia, it's been a while since you wrote to me regarding the book. Any news?

Ronjac:
Hi Intarsia, it's been a while since you wrote to me regarding the book. Any news?
Sorry for the delay in responding. The scubaboard kept saying I had zero messages. Then you sent a second message and then I was notified through my hotmail account.
Anyway, forward the name and address you want the book shipped to. I will forward the book no charge. It am writing from Canada and the cost for shipping will be minimal so I am not concerned about it. Just want the book to be used. You can reply to this message or to my hotmail 'tb452@hotmail.com'. Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Thanks for prompt reply, I will contact you through your hot mail address and provide more details and address of my relative in USA.
Best regards.

Dear all, the book has reached Ohio and will fly across the ocean soon.
Thanks to this forum, Herman and especially to Intarsia I will prepare for the next season properly.

Cheers

Intarsia:
Sorry for the delay in responding. The scubaboard kept saying I had zero messages. Then you sent a second message and then I was notified through my hotmail account.
Anyway, forward the name and address you want the book shipped to. I will forward the book no charge. It am writing from Canada and the cost for shipping will be minimal so I am not concerned about it. Just want the book to be used. You can reply to this message or to my hotmail 'tb452@hotmail.com'. Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Any time.
The MX-10 is quite capable of great shots once you understand it and the book does an excellent job of explaining how to get the most out of it.

I just recently picked up an MX10 & YS40 strobe (not the YS40A) and have been running a few tests with it recently. One thing I noticed on a recent dive in a dive tank is that my shots came out looking quite dark (I tried using ISO 200 film).

I'm assuming, part of the issue is lack of flash / light. But I am also wondering if I can "trick" the camera to give me more light. If I were to load ISO 400 film, but set the camera at 100 ISO, would that give me a longer shutter length for my shots on a given Fstop?

I am hoping that by decreasing the shutter speed, and increasing the ISO will give me a brighter shot, but I don't know if the ISO switch on the camera actually helps control shutter speed or not. The docs are poor (to say the best), so I am looking for any help I can find.

I'll be checking out my local library this weekend for the "New Guide to S&S" - hopefully they might have a copy (although I have a suspicious feeling that it might be too obscure a title for Montreal...). In the meantime, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom