http://www.diveheart.org/

My 30 min dive that had a few problems.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt the Aquaman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Thought I would share with all of you that I did a 30 min, dive in the pool yesterday! I was face down for 1 min or so. I was under about 5 feet. I wanted to do an hour but there was one problem after another. My dive instructor friend said that dive was over because of to many problems. The double limb circuit has two tubes and one tubing has an exaltation valve at the end of the tube. Two clear pressure lines coming from the vent to the exaltation valve. The vent and the exaltation valve stays above water. On the end of one of the tube and the other one tubing is connected to the vent and both hock up to the y adaptor on the dry suit. There is a connector inside my suit that connects to the trach. The tubing is 8 feet long, they are two 4 foot tubing hocked together to make it 8 feet. The problem was that on of the 8 foot tubing with 4 footers looked bad and coming apart and I had only 2 foot sections and I feel after putting to many breaks in the circuit problem. When I was face down I was not getting the air flow I needed.

This time I was sporting my new DUI hood my Neptune. It worked ok but next time I need my FFM over my chin better. I also used the dry glove system, with three-finger mitts. I really liked them. They kept my hands just right.

I didn’t blow up like a hot air balloon today; we put a new connector on the inside of my suit! No air leaks lol. My dry suit worked great, like always.

Next dive well be an hour and hopefully no problems. I guess one can’t have perfect dives all the time.

Here’s a link to some new photos I added of my dive today… http://matt55125.tripod.com/scuba/

Take care everyone and safe diving!
Matt

I've had problematic dives myself. Work out the kinks and I'm sure it will go better next time. Good Luck!

Hey Matt! Love the new picture!

You're a test pilot here, shaking out the system. It sounds like you're on top of the situation, solving the glitches as they come up. Good job!

GDI:
Matt you are an inspiration

Is that the same as calling him a Rebreather?

Matt, the next dives will go better! Keep it up, I can't wait to dive with you!

Polly

Well 30 minutes are better than 0 minutes, huh? :wink: Hope that you get everything worked out for next time!
aloha,
Lisa

Thanks everyone for the great words and support. I have learned when you have problems to abort.

I'm a test pilot, and well have problems but to learn from them and fix the problem and move on. The 60 minute dive well be coming on December 9th. The local CBS news channel well be filming me that day. I well have time to get every thing together and working good.

What do you mean by this Polly, did I miss something here? Is that the same as calling him a Rebreather?

I can't wait to dive with you Polly.

Take care all Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom