• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Discussion in 'Technical Diving Specialties' started by Marie13, Jan 9, 2020.

1. AustinV

AustinV Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Just curious - was this the older Neck Tite system or the 2nd generation Quick Neck system?

2. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Older first generation. Neck Tite. This is standard on the Fusion.

AustinV likes this.
  3. AustinV

AustinV Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Ah, OK, thanks. I just had a drysuit custom made and after receiving it expected the Quick Neck I had installed to be an issue after feeling it as I am not very broad shouldered. I havent used it with doubles yet but did two dives on a single tank just to test it out on Sunday and it surprisingly didn't bother me. We will see how it does with doubles/reaching valves.

4. Marie13

My first drysuit had the Quick Neck and it was definitely more flexible than the Neck Tite. But that was three years ago and I wasn’t diving doubles then.

I know normal sized guys who have Fusions who tell me they dislike how the ring digs into their neck. I suspect I’m going to be significantly more comfortable without it.

shoredivr likes this.
  5. Marie13

Dropped my suit off at the shop tonight to get the neck seal replaced.

laikabear and Dark Wolf like this.
  6. shoredivr

shoredivr Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    After a year of diving with the SI tech neck ring and hating how it restricted my shoulder range of motion, I’m having the ring removed and going back to a latex seal.

Doby45 and Marie13 like this.
  7. Marie13

Which generation SiTech neck ring did you have?

8. Doby45

Doby45 Do I have something in my teeth?

I have/had approx 500 dives on my Fusion with both SI-Tech wrist rings and never neck ring. I am moving to a new suit now and will not be using either of those products again. The rings in both places serve a purpose but in the number of dives I had in the suit, I never had to replace a neck or wrist seal.

9. rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane Barracuda

But what if you do have to replace one?

10. JohnnyC

JohnnyC PADI Pro

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I lose 12 hours worth of time while the latex seal glue cures.... Realistically I can make a phone call, drop my suit off on the way home, and pick it up on the way to the cave in the morning. If I were going on a liveaboard, or traveling to a place where I know I don't have that sort of service, I'll throw an extra seal in my bag and a small container of glue and do it myself in my hotel room. If you have neoprene seals and use the tape, it's even faster, and all you need is an iron.

I have the SiTech wrist and neck rings on my Fusion and I hate them, especially diving doubles, even more so in a course. They suck. I have yet to find a situation where I've been forced off a dive because of a torn seal, let alone a dive where having those rings would save a dive trip. It's all a matter of logistics.

Doby45, shoredivr, Dark Wolf and 4 others like this.