My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah ok, I was trying to visualise those raised letters lol
One of the benefits of using "standard" gasses. The primary label is constant (you still measure and label every time).

This thread is turning into fantasy ‘by the book’ stuff.

Personally I use gaffer tape, sometimes made by Duck, more usually made by some no name supplier to DIY shops, and a large permanent marker. My shallow bailout/deco gas is usually the same but might change depending on o2 availability. My general no stop bailout definitely changes as it gets air tops. I don’t usually change the MOD markings for an extra 5m though. Sometimes that is OC deeper deco gas and then the MOD does get updated.

Where can I find the reference to this change please, stil have it as 20/25 as the limit for helitrox. Did my CCR Helitrox in June last year and that was the limit given to me.

TDI HQ. You can hit them up in their online chat and if you want a new card, order a replacement.

At the surface for me.
I resemble this remark!

I never said I haven't encountered painters tape. Yellow nitrox tape, blue painter's tape, whatever. My original point was that there isn't any need to go out and buy duct tape for marking your bottles when the shop will already have tape for you.

But if you want to spend extra money and go out of your way to get colorful tape that sharpie will just easily rub off, be my guest.

Wow, you have 7 posts in this thread picking on Marie for using pink duct tape for her analysis labels. That's really going out of your way!

Pretty much everyone I know has a permanent marking on their deco or stage bottles with the MOD, with mailbox type letters available at home improvement stores or office supply stores or Amazon (as mentioned above). Those last longer if you put heavy duty clear packing tape on top. I also use those for my initials on the bottles so I can easily see mine on a boat (and ID myself in underwater photos / video).

The pink duct tape (or blue painters tape in my case) is just for the current analysis of the gas in the tanks, which all tanks should have, even if they have a permanent MOD sticker.

While the shop does have analysis tape and the gas gets analyzed there, it's good practice to always analyze your gas the day of the dive and make sure you label it that day. I extend that to the night before as I pack the car, but not further out than that. Therefore, I need tape at my house to put a new label on. I also re-analyze my gas on the boat if I get an air top off during the dive day. So I need my own analysis tape for that, too. Painters tape is nice because you can tear off a few strips and put them inside the case for your analyzer, and not have to take the whole roll of tape with you.

This thread is turning into fantasy ‘by the book’ stuff.

Personally I use gaffer tape, sometimes made by Duck, more usually made by some no name supplier to DIY shops, and a large permanent marker. My shallow bailout/deco gas is usually the same but might change depending on o2 availability. My general no stop bailout definitely changes as it gets air tops. I don’t usually change the MOD markings for an extra 5m though. Sometimes that is OC deeper deco gas and then the MOD does get updated.

Ditto

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom