My broken leg...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.

All my life I've survived unscathed (apart from a motorcycle broadside in 1976 - tib & fib). I've experienced a sinking ship the North Sea, jungle warfare in Borneo, free-fall parachuting, in a cage with an adult male gorilla, dives to 400-feet deep, prototype rebreathers, lost inside the wreck of the Umbria in port Sudan, even been carried off by tiger sharks twice - but this March I got a diving injury - an inguinal hernia from lifting another diver's steel doubles. That put me out-of-action until mid-June after being taken away in an ambulance, sobbing in pain. At least I found the benefits of clearing immigration at JFK in a wheelchair (You get pushed to the front of the line) but I had to put up with taunts from Bret Gilliam for a week at his house.

Be a patient patient. Time heals - but sometimes it's a lot of time.

Unfortunately finding the balance between pushing it enough and not too much is often difficult. Glad to see you are working through it. :flowers:

@The Chairman wrong Tbone :p

I did talk with @karstdvr last night a bit and it sounds like the molt was a normal molt, but the live shrimp we saw was actually a grass shrimp which is doubly cool! shame we didn't bring a gopro with us

At least I found the benefits of clearing immigration at JFK in a wheelchair (You get pushed to the front of the line)...

One of the few advantages of being crippled, even at foreign airports I don't have to wait in that huge line.

Unfortunately finding the balance between pushing it enough and not too much is often difficult. Glad to see you are working through it. :flowers:
No obvious atrophy, so I think I'm pushing it enough. A senior moment with my router last week injured three fingers on my right hand, so I stopped using the cane. I have to finish my zero-turn today, so I'll get in lots of "up and downs". The lawn is getting very shaggy and can't be put off much longer.

A senior moment with my router last week injured three fingers on my right hand

What are you doing to yourself? the only thing worse than a router is running your hand through a joiner which leaves nothing healable. Do you need the supervision of a highschool shop teacher?

Michael

What are you doing to yourself? the only thing worse than a router is running your hand through a joiner which leaves nothing healable. Do you need the supervision of a highschool shop teacher?
Comments like this inhibit dialog. It's why it took me a week to share it, and now I wish I hadn't. The injuries were painful enough that they didn't need salty words. Sigh.

I'm sorry, and I too have lost an arguement with a small table saw, but since then I adjust bits/blades with the tool unplugged, and use it only after I have thought out exactly what my hands are going to be doing. Wish that my old highschool shop teacher had been around to chew me out before I had a finger drawn into the saw.
Didn't lose the finger, but I lost all feeling in the tip of my left thumb and it was so preventable.

Hope you heal up without losing anything essential.

Michael

but since then
Pain is a great instructor. I've never used a table mounted router before and have a new found respect for them. I will be researching this further before I use it again. What you don't know can disfigure you and the forces inherent in any power tools are not obvious.

Comments like this inhibit dialog. It's why it took me a week to share it, and now I wish I hadn't. The injuries were painful enough that they didn't need salty words. Sigh.
Silly me - I was wondering how you possibly injured yourself with a “router” :wink:

cq5dam.web.372.372.jpe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom