My Dive Plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DORSETBOY

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'd be interested to get other peoples feedback on my dive plan for this weekend on a solo dive.

Time in : 10.00hrs
Time out : 10.50hrs

Max depth : 15 metres

Agreed to phone family member before entry and immediately after exit. They have been made aware of where I am, max depth / time and when I will be calling them.

I also have the emergency telephone number for decompression services in Scotland.

Pre-dive equipment checks will be the same as if doing a buddy check (BWRAF).

Entry / Exit from shore.

What I'm interested in is any feedback from other divers as to anything they feel i should add or subtract from my dive plan. Ive dived the site around 20 times either with a buddy or solo, experience wise generally Im at instructor level and have around 700 logged dives.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.

DORSETBOY:
I'd be interested to get other peoples feedback on my dive plan for this weekend on a solo dive.

Agreed to phone family member before entry and immediately after exit. They have been made aware of where I am, max depth / time and when I will be calling them.

Why right before and right after. What does it do for you?
I also have the emergency telephone number for decompression services in Scotland.

Only good if you are able to use the phone. Will you have a bottle of oxygen with you?

Can you perform a field nurological exam?...on yourself? This maybe isn't such a big deal if EMS responce time is short

What sort of equipment are you using? Pony?, twins?
Entry / Exit from shore.

What I'm interested in is any feedback from other divers as to anything they feel i should add or subtract from my dive plan. Ive dived the site around 20 times either with a buddy or solo, experience wise generally Im at instructor level and have around 700 logged dives.

The plan you presented didn't say too much other than max depth and time and you're going to make some phone calls.

v_1matst:
Bring a buddy :)

lol. thought this was a no troll zone! :wink:

Agreement to phone before and after establishes where and when I am at any one time. the absence of my calling post dive means potential trouble.

can I perform a field neurological exam? quick answer, yes (and I have done so for a buddy, how many other divers can?)

Do I carry O2? no, good point and something I'll consider. redundancy? we're talking pony bottle, I feel far more than adequate at the limited depth Im refering too.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

DORSETBOY:

Entry / Exit from shore.

How about a call to the local CG

Life Insurance.

(Just kidding)

When solo diving, I like having someone on shore waiting for me. If no one will even do that for me, I'd better take up golf. :11:

Dorsetboy:
What I'm interested in is any feedback from other divers as to anything they feel I should add or subtract from my dive plan.
I put out a dive flag on an anchor for my lake dives. In the worst case, it will indicate where to start looking for me. For instance, you could tell your family "I'll be going NW from the flag and back, staying between the 30-foot and 50-foot contours."

DORSETBOY:
Well? How'd it go?

Hi Rick, diving went very well. Took a look at conditions from the road and it looked a tad murky so I went round to a site I know nr St Cat's (Loch Fyne). Similar profile, same max depth / time. No prob's re dive, an additional consideration is the altitude coming over the pass on the main road between Loch Long / Loch Fyne, because of this I always allow at least an hour and a half post dive - at max you're several hundred feet coming across the pass and I know of one incident of an experienced diver getting bent post dive after driving over the pass.

On the dive itself, the viz was pretty good, looked like it tailed off abit deeper than 15m but that was my max depth. Plenty of life, nice big dogfish, lobsters and a couple of smallish congers.

On a different note, one thing I'm gonna have to look at is getting myself a dry suit, really dont fancy another winter season up here in a semi and there's no way I'm not gonna dive for several months!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom