My experience with Shearwater Cloud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KaptaniDerya

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, I have my new shinny Perdix AI with 2 transmitters (for sidemount diving). First of all I have to say I love the computer and love the convenience of logging my dives using my phone.

Since I have Windows 7 (and just switched from Suunto to Shearwater, and liked the convenience of logging to my phone), I decided to use Shearwater Cloud (not using desktop application). After logging 10 dives with Shearwater Cloud, here are my comments / suggestions :

Dives List
- I would like to have an option for date time format. Personally prefer yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm.

Dive graph
- On the dive computer I set the dive end timeout to 10 min for teaching purposes, but when I transfered my dives to my phone, I would like the graph end when I surface (ie trim end of the dive graph when on the surface)
- Deco option on the dive graph is selected by default, even though there were no deco requirements during the dive. I would like to see deco option selected only if there was a deco obligation
- If AI is enabled, I would like to see pressure option enabled on the graph (design for delight) :)

Overall
- I have a lot of trouble trying to scroll down when I am using this app. Almost everytime I try to scroll up/down, one of the text fields pops up for editing. This makes scrolling cumbersome. Perhaps have a button to edit text fields, so that intent to scroll is clear, as oppose to editing a field.

Dive Details
- I would like to see max depth to nearest decimal (ie. 14.2 meters)
- I would like to see surface interval field here, as oppose to Computer Details tab. It makes it easier to log dives on paper.

Environment Details
- Air Temperature : Can you show dive beginning temperature as air temperature ? Also enable overriding, so that I can change if I prefer to do so.
- DEFECT: Whatever notes are entered for "environment details notes", it is copied across to all dives in the log.

Gas Details
- I would like to see tank size to be located in this tab.
- I would like the see my RMV here. SAC rate is good but I care about RMV as I dive with different sized tanks on regular basis.
--- if sidemount diving, I would like to see my RMV based on the gas used from both tanks combined
- Instead of programmed gasses, I would like to see which gas(es) were used

Gear Details
- Move tank size from this tab to gas details tab

Issues / Problems
- Problems : I would like to see None as the first option
- Malfunctions : I would like to see None as the first option
- Any smyptoms : I would like to see No as the first option
- Exposure to Altitude : I would like to see None as the first option

Computer Details
- Move surface interval to Dive Details tab.

Cheers

I've also noticed that when I enter values into tank gas they are never saved.. Other fields work but not these.
And I've always calculated sac based on tank size.. Why does it not use this info?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom