My feet keep doing whatever they want to!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I took another class over the weekend for a "refresher" to my PADI OW pool sessions which I had already passed but was offered for only 25 bucks.. What I was blaming on my fins turned out to be ME all along. Shocker huh!!!?? Yeah, I was totally misusing my BCD and not really understanding the subtleties of timing and air delivery delay to the lungs... Basically I was having such erratic movements because I was carrying too much air or adding air on the intake breath which was doubling my buoyancy then dumping too fast to over compensate. No wonder I was dropping like a rock and rising like a rocket. Thankfully I had my own DM for 4 Hrs to just let me practice in the deep well while others were doing skills and testing and was very patent and knowledgeable. My fins were a slight issue but it wasn't due to them being too floaty but too long instead. I switched to a pair of the shops split fins for the 2nd half of the session and they were much easier to maneuver. What I realized was to just slow down and "BE"... Thinking if I can do that Ill be just fine. DM said Im way better than Im giving myself credit for and sees no reason to be nervous about my skills in open water so that put me to ease a bit as well. Looking forward to learning and experiencing more when I do my check out dives next month. Thanks for all the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom