My first dive it was...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
AWESOME. I went on a two tank dive in the bahamas. It was the best experience I've ever had. For my b-day im gonna get a scuba package (im only 15). We dove these wrecks from two bond films it was really neat. We then went and dove the big reef with a large propeller in the center. Um the bond dives were 44 feet and the prpeller dive was 23 feet. The temp ws around 85 degress so it was fairly warm. I think I've found my new hobbie. the only bad thing was is that near the end of the prpeller dive I think I ruptured my ear. I was swimming on my side so i could see under a small ledge and i felt the need to equalize my ears so i did, my left ear (the top)equalized fine but my right one dident so I tried blowing ( equalizing) it a little harder. And it started to sound like someone undoing some velcro very slowly. So stupid me figured "ok I will do it harder" so i did and man all of the sudden It felt like someone shot a gun out of my ear My reg flew out and I somehow turned up side down. it hurt so bad. Since we were within the last ten mins of diving I decided to bare it out but after like 3 mins i had to go up it hurt to bad. From then on it hurt. i asked the dive guys and they said dose it hurt when you pop your ears and I said yes and then they said well dont do it then. So could anyone help me.

THanx Palmer

Hey Palmer - sounds like your first dives were great, apart from rupturing your ear drum... and my advice is, get to a doctor immediately if you haven't already done so.

If you check out some of the other threads on equalising, you should never "over-equalise"... if one ear does and the other ear doesn't, you don't need to do it again, but if it is bothering you, you should go up a couple of metres until the pressure goes away, then try dropping down and equalising again. It's as simple as that (I think!).

I hope everything is ok with your ear and you don't have to stay out of the water too long.

Be careful, y'hear?
:)

Like Keralucu said get to a doctor.

While your ear heals, visit the board and grow impatient waiting on your next dive, once you get your dive package
< don't sleep with it> :)

thanx im goign in like two days to the doctor. I cant wait to get my gear.

Good for you. You're doing all the right stuff. Let us know how it goes. I have a son who is a little younger than you and is super-keen to dive. It good to see you diving and on the board as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom