My first mk5 ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@axxel57 I cannot find your MK6 ??? :)
You are right!:(
Still looking for a payable one or one I can trade (for example that special yoke against an original MK5 DIN Adapter), but even more I'm looking since years for a MK8, which might have some interesting technical aspects, because otherwise I have no idea why it had been brought on the market.....

:-( I sold one of those for a very low price a few years ago. I rebuilt it and used it as my tire inflator/tank pressure checker for a few years; but the pneumatic yoke was not quite as convenient as it was meant to be. I wish I had kept it for you.

This is absolutely a great DIY project. The parts I can get. There's a couple of tools you need which I can get from SCT when I'm in Thailand next month.
Sent you a PM!

Look what arrived at my parents home today...

Attachments

• AC09DA24-9D6C-492E-AA72-AAF778CDB5B0.jpeg
    AC09DA24-9D6C-492E-AA72-AAF778CDB5B0.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 105
Look what arrived at my parents home today...

Funny I found this thread. We're getting into the same project at the same time. Look what arrived at home today. Still a couple weeks till I get to see it in person.

Attachments

• IMG-20200215-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200215-WA0004.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 92
It's neat to see two seemingly pristine Mk V's. Amazing that the are still regs of this age in this condition out there.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Funny I found this thread. We're getting into the same project at the same time. Look what arrived at home today. Still a couple weeks till I get to see it in person.
This looks exactly identical to my first reg, which i did purchase in 1975, and I am still using with great satisfaction. Unfortunately, after more than 1000 dives, my one is not in so nice conditions...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom