My first solo dive, today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grocio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today I had the pleasure to do my first solo dive. It was in De Klinkerbergerplas, one of the two lakes in my neighbourhood. The conditions were as expected (2-3 metres visibility; water temperature 9 degrees Celsius) and the dive went as planned (9 metres maximum depth; RMV 18 l/m and 34 minutes bottom time). I even managed to see a pike and a lobster, despite the bad visibility.

The satisfaction of the little things getting done.

Last edited:
RMV of 18 l/m in 9deg C waters is very good!

I'm usually around 22 l/m in the colder water months Feb - April here in offshore Southern California (12 to 9 deg C at depth).

Since my RMV is 22 litres/min, I use 11 litre/bar manifolded twinsets (double AL80's) for Solo Diving, for a total tank rating of 22 litres/bar. Dividing RMV by Total Tank Rating (22-by-22) and I get 1 bar/minute pressure Surface Consumption Rate, which makes the gas management calculations for pressure Depth Consumption Rate during the dive that much easier. . .

+1 Congrats. So placid isn't it?

Congrats. I enjoy the feeling of being buddy free from time to time.

Congrats!

I just had my first solo dive two weekends ago. Great time!

Wow... you're posting so you must have survived it. Tee hee.

I've been diving solo since my first time 52 years ago (although back then it was because we only had one kit) and find it almost a necessity to do my work as an underwater videographer. However, I still love having one of my excellent buddies with me to share the dive after we surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom