http://www.diveheart.org/

My florida trip plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sounds good matt, hope to meet you at DEMA

just recently i was wondering why i hadn't heard from you on the board, so glad
to see this thread

Thanks Andy hope to see you at DEMA too. Ya I wasn't on the board for a while because I was busy. Nice to be back and talking with all of you.

Take care Matt

H2Andy:
sounds good matt, hope to meet you at DEMA

just recently i was wondering why i hadn't heard from you on the board, so glad
to see this thread

Still looking forward to this - hope the dates are still A Go...? I'll put in a request to NOAA requesting they reschedule any hurricanes that my threaten. :D

Okay, I really need to get my plans made this week. As I said when you first joined, I want to be there for your first ocean dives - even if on a nearby boat. Are the dates and plans still pretty firm....??

DandyDon:
Okay, I really need to get my plans made this week. As I said when you first joined, I want to be there for your first ocean dives - even if on a nearby boat. Are the dates and plans still pretty firm....??

Don... I just ran across this, and not sure if it's been posted elsewhere...

http://www.**********/news/safety/s060829a.html

I was *deeply* saddened to read it... A similar organization (Children's Wish Foundation) worked with, and tremendously helped *my* son (also "Matt"), during a very difficult time... I have nothing but admiration and pathos for these organizations...

I truly hope Matt will ultimately go ahead with his plans...

-Barry

yes, i think that unfortunately, Matt's plans have been greatly affected

but i am sure he will get back pursuing them when the time is right

BKP:
Don... I just ran across this, and not sure if it's been posted elsewhere...

http://www.**********/news/safety/s060829a.html

I was *deeply* saddened to read it... A similar organization (Children's Wish Foundation) worked with, and tremendously helped *my* son (also "Matt"), during a very difficult time... I have nothing but admiration and pathos for these organizations...

I truly hope Matt will ultimately go ahead with his plans...

-Barry
I'm sorry but the link doesn't work...?? :confused:
H2Andy:
yes, i think that unfortunately, Matt's plans have been greatly affected

but i am sure he will get back pursuing them when the time is right
I really don't know what this means. I guess I'm missing something...??

I know that one of Matt's team members perished in an unfortunate accident, but last I heard - Matt was still on go. Something change since then...??

hey guys still going for it. here comes florida. besides thats what jere would want. and i cant hardly wait for it. hopefully no big storms around for my dive. we have 4 dive boats for that day. but your going to have to pay your own way on the boats.

here is my schedule; its down below.

safe diving matt.

Wednesday Nov. 8-------- Leave Woodbury at sometime in the am and arrive in Orlando.

Thursday Nov. 9-------- Sight see around Orlando and get ready for the DEMA show.

Friday Nov.10------- DEMA show 10am - 5pm (parents and sister will be going to Disney.)

Saturday Nov. 11------- DEMA show 10am - 5pm (again, parents and sister will be going to Disney.)

Sunday Nov. 12------- We will be leaving Orlando at approx. 10 a.m. Drive to Key Largo and also sight see on the way. (Approx 5 hours, will arrive in Key Largo and well need a tasty lobster.)

*These are my dive day options, in the upper Keys.

Monday Nov. 13------- Getting ready for my dive in the upper Keys I hope on this day!

Tuesday Nov. 14------ May be doing a dive in the upper Keys this day!

Wednesday Nov. 15-------- May do a dive in the upper Keys, depends on the weather. And it is my sister's 11th birthday!

*Depending on what mother nature gives us for the day of my dive. I may need to change the date. Never know. We will be reviewing our dive plans and seeing if dive equipment is working properly. We will be ready for our big dive. Maybe do a night dive or a day dive it would be awesome to do both.

Thursday Nov. 16--------- Leave Key Largo sometime in the am and Travel home.

*My family and I and my nurse Beth Ness have a place to stay in Orlando and in Key Largo. I may have room for some of my dive team, they may need to figure that out on their own.

*While in Orlando, will be using a timeshare Fairfield Orlando at Cypress Palms from the 8th to the 12th , and while in Key Largo we are staying at Key Largo Ocean Point time share from 12th to the 16th.

*We will be taking an airplane first class for me and my nurse and my family. And then we will have to rent a handicapped vehicle while we are in Florida. Need to raise $10,000.00 before we can go.

*There will be continuous updates as the time gets closer to the Florida.

DandyDon:
Something change since then...??

not that i know of ...

ah, there's Matt himself

Awesome Matt!!!

Wish I could be there... Have a GREAT dive, and lets get a trip report when you get back home...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom