My Google Map highlighting over 50 dive sites around Green Island in Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Garrity

Registered
Reaction score
Detailed map is here... https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zT35Px8KvEXs.kD86xhiPYkZo&usp=sharing

I've been putting together a map of the dive sites around Green Island. If anyone wants to use it or share it, feel free to do so, it's the primary reason I made it. At the moment, there are a total of 52 sites.

I've gathered the information from a variety of sources. It's likely that some of it may be inaccurate, which Is why I'm asking anyone familiar with the Island to glance over it and suggest any changes that would be needed. Some examples would be the addition of sites that don't appear on the map or the need to readjust a dive site marker along the shoreline.

If anyone would like to make contributions, such as dive site descriptions, images or video that were captured at specific dive sites, it would go a long way to making this complete. As I dive more of the sites, I will continue to add information, such as the entry points to the reefs, which you can select from the maps menu.

Any support would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lovely

I am going to Green Island early Aug, hope I could input to this but I just dunno how to edit :D

This is something I would like to compile for our sites, how did you start? Is there a link to the editor?

This is something I would like to compile for our sites, how did you start? Is there a link to the editor?

You just need to go to My Google Maps and create a map which would consist of one layer. I believe you are limited to ten layers.

---------- Post added July 13th, 2015 at 11:52 AM ----------

Lovely

I am going to Green Island early Aug, hope I could input to this but I just dunno how to edit :D

I am the only person with administrative privileges to the map, so all I would need is any feedback such as descriptions or photos and shore entry points for the dives you would be willing to share. I could then take your information and publish it to the Green Island map.

Hi Joe,

Nicely done, I've been working on something similar at Scuba Diving Taiwan | it's still very much WIP. I've collected info on a number of sites, but not yet posted all pages.

Trying to show general info, rough maps of the sites too (see meiyanshan or longdong as examples). I've got nothing for Ilan/Hualian, maybe can collaborate on some stuff..

Hsinhai

Hi Joe,

Nicely done, I've been working on something similar at Scuba Diving Taiwan | it's still very much WIP. I've collected info on a number of sites, but not yet posted all pages.

Trying to show general info, rough maps of the sites too (see meiyanshan or longdong as examples). I've got nothing for Ilan/Hualian, maybe can collaborate on some stuff..

Hsinhai

Sweet. I've seen you on Dive Logs

I have a Dive Logs account too.

I think you may know some of my dive buddies who don't use Dive Logs. Christopher Thorn and Lief Mikkelborg. I got my advanced certification with Andy Gray and I believe you did too.

I'll send you a buddy request at Dive Logs and we can coordinate our effort.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Detailed map is here... https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zT35Px8KvEXs.kD86xhiPYkZo&usp=sharing

I've been putting together a map of the dive sites around Green Island. If anyone wants to use it or share it, feel free to do so, it's the primary reason I made it. At the moment, there are a total of 52 sites.

I've gathered the information from a variety of sources. It's likely that some of it may be inaccurate, which Is why I'm asking anyone familiar with the Island to glance over it and suggest any changes that would be needed. Some examples would be the addition of sites that don't appear on the map or the need to readjust a dive site marker along the shoreline.

If anyone would like to make contributions, such as dive site descriptions, images or video that were captured at specific dive sites, it would go a long way to making this complete. As I dive more of the sites, I will continue to add information, such as the entry points to the reefs, which you can select from the maps menu.

Any support would be appreciated.

Thanks

This form will help to submit information. Once you fill it out and submit it, I will be notified. Then I can expand the map as more people share their insight......

If you have knowledge of dives sites that are on the Taiwan Dive Sites Map and see that information is missing, please provide us with the partial details. We will add your insight to the map. If you are aware of dive sites that don't appear on the map, please tell us what you know about them and submit the form below. We appreciate your effort to help make the map a resource for all divers interested in an in-depth knowledge about scuba diving in Taiwan.

Here is the form..... https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fkQX-IVvOLYHFmrBeqrPeRuCEK3atweGIf2deyG0AQg/viewform

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom