My indepth review of the Hollis NeoTek Semi-Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so I'll be honest, I forgot about this thread a bit but i've gotten in about half a dozen dives in the neo-tek and all I can say is holy crap this thing rocks, water exchange isn't there, it is super warm, holding up great to everything that its been hit on. Guys wearing dry suits were complaining about the cold while I was toasty warm on the bottom.

Just picked up one myself, courtesy of your review! I will be diving it in a deep quarry next week, it is usually about 43-45 degrees past 60 feet this time of the year. We will see how it does!

Just wanted to say, banks for your great review. As you say, this suit rocks! I love it, though it is a bit difficult for me to get the shoulders situated and zip the chest zipper closed on my own. Still, entirely worth it and I am very happy with my purchase. Thanks again for your review!

My favorite suit on the whole planet even though I'm 5'3 and 100lbs, so it's a bit big in me. I wouldn't give it up for the world. Like ? No love it.

Hello. Does this suit have ankle and wrist zips? The Hollis I've seen here (Melbourne, Australia) does, but also doesn't have attached hood so may be a previous model. I'm tempted to buy online to save $200 but want to know what I'm getting. Thanks in advance.

No the NeoTek doesn't have any wrist or ankle zips. the suit has a very soft silver "cuff" that is part of the seal around the wrist, I would think any zipper would break this seal and cause a little water leakage.

Can anyone give a bit of advice on the fit?
I am 5'11" 210lbs and have big calves and legs, will I be able to get into a Lg.?
I would hate to go to an XL and have it not fit well.
How "tight" does this need to be?
thnx

Can anyone give a bit of advice on the fit?
I am 5'11" 210lbs and have big calves and legs, will I be able to get into a Lg.?
I would hate to go to an XL and have it not fit well.
How "tight" does this need to be?
thnx
Anyone have any ideas????

Anyone have any ideas????

Hollis Gear
looking at the sizing chart your height fits the XL, but your weight falls into the XXL size... I'd recommend measuring your chest, waist, and hips and see which of the two you'd fit into better. The NeoTek sizing charts are different than other suits, for example I wear a XL in Henderson suits, but a XXL in the Neotek.

as for tightness, you really don't want this suit being tighter than what a normal wetsuit would be, or else it can be a real pain getting on/off.....

I'm down to 205 and my measurements are well within the range for the XL but I think I could squeeze into the L. However, it seems that what you are saying is that this suit isn't quite as flexible as my other Henderson suit (which is a large).
My weight is pretty easily distributed so I don't go by the weight charts.
How about the legs? I have substantial calves, etc. Is there room there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom