My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fundies AFTER cave. That's ... unusual.

Not necessarily. Someone going into the GUE path has to do it regardless of certification level. My cave and CCR certs don't mean squat if I wanted to start diving with GUE on projects.

Not necessarily. Someone going into the GUE path has to do it regardless of certification level. My cave and CCR certs don't mean squat if I wanted to start diving with GUE on projects.

I said "unusual," that's all. As in, the great majority of people who take Fundies do so before cave training, not after. But I know what you're saying. Heck, @kensuf is taking Fundies.

I never pretended I was normal either. :rofl3:
We're not normal, we're divers :cheers: :rofl3:

I've seen quite a few "cave divers" that would benefit from taking fundies.
Yeah, I've seen tech divers, cave divers and even instructors who could use OW training. I guess that won't happen soon. Good diving skills start with self knowledge. At least I know where I stand regarding skills, meaning a lot of work needs to be done :wink:

In my case, the ideas occurred to me in the reverse order after I'd already committed to dates. I agree that the other way around would have offered an advantage.

Finished Advanced Nitrox bookwork. Didn’t have too difficult of a time with the math. I still despise math, but it was less difficult than at first glance. I have a few questions, but I’ll talk with instructor about those when the time comes for the class. Now onto the Deco Procedures book.

I’ve got all the books through trimix and advanced wreck. I like to read ahead. :D

I did have a laugh at the question where you plan a dive in warm tropical water re: the thermal protection considerations. I noted 3mm with a question mark because I don’t dive warm water. :rofl3:

My wife swears by them—but for wetsuit diving and single tank. For drysuit and doubles we both prefer the even heavier Jets. I use the Deep6 for wetsuit.

The Hog Tech 2 worked well in the pool yesterday. Much easier to do frog with for me. The Hollis F1s I was loaned have a foot pocket that is too wide for my foot. Flopped all over the place, even though it was the smallest size available.

A second pair of HP80s are at the shop getting VIP and doubled up.

Scheduling my Great Lakes charters for May and early June, concentrating on getting some deeper dives in before my Straits of Mackinac trip the second weekend of June. Hope to dive this wreck before the trip. It’s a bit south of Port Washington, WI, two masted schooner that went down in 1868.

Northerner | Aquatic Adventures

Memorial Day weekend will be 80-100ft wrecks out of Sanilac, MI (halfway up the Thumb).

I can’t wait. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom