My Mares Puck Pro Plus has False Deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob9876

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Posted this a couple of days ago on the Manufacturers forum with no replies. Hoping someone here might have a suggestion, as I’ve been using the Puck now as a gauge and it keeps resetting my Desat time to 24 hours. Here’s the question:

I was diving today and thought I set my 2nd dive to 36 nitrox but once in the water realized it was on air (think I didn’t long click long enough). So, my Puck Pro + now has that as a deco dive, even though it was not. Is there any way to clear that? Will removing the battery work? Diving again tomorrow so really hoping someone can help.

I am sure you can't "change" that dive. Pretty sure the only way for that dive profile to not impact the planning for following dives is to not dive for 24 hours. I expect that to be pretty standard for most/all dive computers.

I fat-fingered the EAN setting myself midweek on a trip, and that computer was in gauge mode for the rest of the week. Luckily that was the first trip I was diving two computers, and that is now my norm.

I don't know if puck has this but several low end computers have a reset function that clears all the nitrogen loading. The main purpose of this is for shops to be able to rent the computer to different customers without having to wait.
If there is such thing in your computer your problem is solved.
Check it out

Look for the Erase option in the Set Dive sub menu.

"ErASE
Allows you to reset the
nitrogen saturation to zero,
thereby erasing the effects
of a previous dive. This is
only for people who plan
to lend their computer to
another diver who has not
performed a dive within the
last 24 hours."

Removing the battery or using the erease function (SET->SET DIVE->ErASE) will work, but will obviously delete rest saturation.
But it will not delete logged dives.

Thanks everyone, our last dives were on Friday and I used the Puck in gauge mode and went off of my buddy's computer (also a Puck, and we dived all of the same dives all week with me more conservative, and generally no where near deco). I appreciate the information, and will use the Erase should this happen again (hopefully not).

Back
Top Bottom