My new Deep Six regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too had my sights on the PDC as a Christmas present for my newly certified daughter, but it seems the timing is just not happening..... At least I scored her a wing in the Labor/Labour Day sale which I squirreled away.

Wife caught wind of my plan, and started politicking that she should get the new one, and the daughter gets the hand-me-down.....

Good grief!

For christmas I bought two DIN first stages, two second stages, hoses, gauges, etc. I was surprised to find a dry bag and a tshirt in the pkg as a bonus. Christmas indeed! THANKS!

I received the DIN replacement parts this week (and a mug-broken, unfortunately), but the gesture was what I cared about, so thanks again! I haven't used the DIN deep6 gear yet, but I'm stoked to do so.

I also bought a yoked first stage set up for my ten year old. We went diving today but the yoked first stage was leaking uncontrollably from (as far as I can gather) the yoke retaining nut and the saddle. I believe these can get loose, especially if they are twisted counter clockwise when connected to the tank? But this was our first use of the regulator. Someone wiser please comment here.

I tried a different tank but same thing. O rings seemed fine (brand new). I just swapped his hoses/second stage/spg to the old first stage and we dove off that. Anyone have thoughts on this? I know it's supposed to be tightened to a torque setting but I dont know that setting. Cerich?

Despite this little hiccup, I'm thrilled about Deep 6 gear and certainly have a great deal of confidence in the brand.

For christmas I bought two DIN first stages, two second stages, hoses, gauges, etc. I was surprised to find a dry bag and a tshirt in the pkg as a bonus. Christmas indeed! THANKS!

I received the DIN replacement parts this week (and a mug-broken, unfortunately), but the gesture was what I cared about, so thanks again! I haven't used the DIN deep6 gear yet, but I'm stoked to do so.

I also bought a yoked first stage set up for my ten year old. We went diving today but the yoked first stage was leaking uncontrollably from (as far as I can gather) the yoke retaining nut and the saddle. I believe these can get loose, especially if they are twisted counter clockwise when connected to the tank? But this was our first use of the regulator. Someone wiser please comment here.

I tried a different tank but same thing. O rings seemed fine (brand new). I just swapped his hoses/second stage/spg to the old first stage and we dove off that. Anyone have thoughts on this? I know it's supposed to be tightened to a torque setting but I dont know that setting. Cerich?

Despite this little hiccup, I'm thrilled about Deep 6 gear and certainly have a great deal of confidence in the brand.
sending you a PM

Finally used my reg set at some meaningful depths (got to 103 ft.). I totally forgot about the regs...it didn't even occur to me to play with the lever or knob until the 4th or 5th day. That might be partly because I'm a total noob, but it's also because the regs just breathe. No muss, no fuss, no changes in breathing with depth that I noticed. I did end up playing with the lever/knob a bit at 80 ft. and got it even easier breathing, but even if you just leave it in "it won't freeflow" mode, it's good times.

As an update - Cerich sent me a new first stage regulator as promised (see previous post above) - Seriously impressive customer service. I had two goats (unexploded) but sold them. Knowing Deep6's quality, I have considered getting a goat from Cerich, I'm sure the goat would produce supremely fine cheese.

As an update - Cerich sent me a new first stage regulator as promised (see previous post above) - Seriously impressive customer service. I had two goats (unexploded) but sold them. Knowing Deep6's quality, I have considered getting a goat from Cerich, I'm sure the goat would produce supremely fine cheese.
I LOVE bubbly cheese. They also produce the champagne of goat's milk...

Just received my new regs. Suhweeeet! Really impressed with what I see here. So far it is my best scuba equipment purchase experience for exceeding expectations and interactions with a supplier during purchase. Can't wait to blow bubbles. That performance is the real test after all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom