My new hogarthian setup....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After practicing some rebuilds here is a setup the I came up with :) Still thinking of promoting the 109 to 156 , should I ?

The setup has been tested to 90 ft.

The buddies now love to take my primary while practicing the OOG drills. :)

Attachments

• HOG-setup.jpg
    HOG-setup.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 933
I assume you are using dry gloves or 5-7mm neoprene gloves, how easy is it to do valve drills? What model of second stages are those? Cheers.

Yeah I use dry gloves, The backup second stage is an SP Adjustable 109 , the primary is SP Pilot converted to Air 1. The firsts are SP MK5.

I was a bit weird to do the drill with the Pilot as the purge is on the other side :) but I'm used to that. I only had a chance to dive the setup in warm water - high 40s and up but I want to check how Mark 5s will behave in low 40s when the cold season starts.

Very nice setup Elan. I would not bother to convert the 109 to a BA until it requires service.

Great set up; almost exactly what I use for my single tank set up; MK5, converted pilot, converted 109. If you ever encounter a spare MK5 DIN retainer.....

I like converting the 109s to balanced, but there might still be a vestige of the old-school alternate-should-be-unbalanced crowd who would insist on leaving the 109 as is. Either way you have a terrific set up.

Thanks guys
I really like how the Pilot breathes. I was yet unable to tune a D series one as well as this Pilot.

---------- Post Merged on July 26th, 2012 at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 25th, 2012 at 08:12 PM ----------

Great set up; almost exactly what I use for my single tank set up; MK5, converted pilot, converted 109. If you ever encounter a spare MK5 DIN retainer.....

I was trying to send you a PM re DIN but I think your box was full...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom