My Rix SA-6 Diesel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this is what you're looking for?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 97
Wow, if the SA6 fill rate is conservative, then I am even more sold on trying to find one. I'll email Rix to see if they can recommend someone in SoCal to inspect it for me though.

The Capitano I would have run at full spec, but I think I'd do the same with the SA6.
Your rix is not really that conservative. I think the rix is a 5k compressor but it also has an over pressure relief so it does not reach that psi. It should be ocated on the condenser right side I think. There is no need to have it set to much above what you are filling. The rix is not a cascade filling compressor. I dont know for sure but I think that OPV is adjustable. rix lists it as a specific setting and sells 3 or so of them factory set. I can get that info to you if you need. No matter what cuft or psi it puts out it is more than you need to fill 2 tanks at once. and a great club compressor that you can take to a site.

One thing to remember about cu ft. it is rated at a specific running speed and psi. run the compressor faster by giving more gas to the engine and it will put out more. Remember that its inherant designed cooling is made for a certain max rpm also. Run it at 90-100% the rated speed and it will serve you well.

I still plan to have a check valve before the tower.

PMV - check valve - tower - PMV
here ( bottom thumbnail) is the BPR i have on my capitano. black tank on the left is final moisture separator . The gold block is BPR. the extrusion on the closest side of BPR is psi adjustment. from left is the BPR output. on the right is a BPR output with a vent valve on it. I have a check valve on the input of the filter stack. (may remove it I dont know) the vent allows me to vent the line going to the filter. with out the check valve I could vent down the filter on the inlet side. the outlet of the filter has a check valve on it also to prevent back feeding the filter from the tank the line from the filter has QD's on both ends. It allows me to remove the whip from the filter to take it to My O2 tanks for PP blending. probably should not do that but it is a cost saver and there is not that much PSI on the hose from the O2 tank and the flow rate for that is slow compared to air. the gage is probably a 10 dollar gage I got on ebay and is always with in 100 psi even with the vibration. It is an oil filled however. you can blow up the pic and see the oil level line. This stuff is not rocket science i will be soon getting this cooler to put on the compressor output between the compressor and the final separator. 25FX89_AS01  hp cooler.jpg

Attachments

• 20201217_161816[1].jpg
    20201217_161816[1].jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 91
Your rix is not really that conservative. I think the rix is a 5k compressor...

Ah ok, I have not figured out which Rix models are 3000 PIS and which are 5000 PSI (commercial = 3k and Military 5k?). Note that I am still looking for one...

I was responding this comment though:

You are mos tlikely going to get much more than 6 cuft. that measurement is at full pressure.

My capitano drops 1/2 to a full cu ft as psi increases form 3000 to 4500. Im trying to remember but I think i had perhaps 5.5 at 3k and at 4k I think I have 4 to 4.5 cuft at 4000 psi.

Anyway, anything in the neighborhood of 6 cuft/min is pretty fast to me... :)

Ah ok, I have not figured out which Rix models are 3000 PIS and which are 5000 PSI (commercial = 3k and Military 5k?). Note that I am still looking for one...

Rix are whatever the OPV is set to.

The compressor only knows to compress until it stops or it blows off. Currently my OPV is set to 3300 psi...should be in a picture somewhere I think.

I think I read somewhere that older models did not have stainless steel cooling lines, and were not rated to 5000 ?

Yes 6 cuft is more than enough for the hobby diver. there is no difference between RIX compressors as PSI goes other than the relief valve setting so you dont fall asleep and have your tank fill to 5k

here are the relief valves form rix this is what determines how high you can pump. you could replace it with a BPR as set your value if you wanted to.

RELIEF VALVES
RELIEF VALVE, 3RD STG. set @ 3600 PSI 1 $161.45
RELIEF VALVE, 3RD STG. set @ 4000 PSI 1 $437.10
RELIEF VALVE, 3RD STG. set @ 4500 PSI 1 $155.25
RELIEF VALVE, 3RD STG. set @ 5000 PSI 1 $176.05

I believe mine is adjustable? I can't do anything until parts get here.

Screenshot_20201218-052457_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201218-052321_Dropbox.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom