My Rix SA-6 Diesel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m sorry if you were somehow insulted. I really wasn’t trying to share any “insights“. Really, more just commiserating with how poor the choices tend to be. The only thing that motivated me to write anything at all was a counterpoint that Teflon tape, properly applied, seems to do an adequate job, even in challenging environments. If my choices were $100 for O2 compatible paste or a tiny fraction for O2 compatible tape, I know which one I would choose.

And in case I didn’t make it clear: I do not have a lifetime of real world experience, and I am in no way trying to present myself as anything approaching an expert. My stating that I have small experiences was not a humble brag: it was an attempt to let you know that this is far from my primary job, and at best second-hand passed down information.

Sorry to have interrupted the conversation.

I’m sorry if you were somehow insulted. I really wasn’t trying to share any “insights“. Really, more just commiserating with how poor the choices tend to be. The only thing that motivated me to write anything at all was a counterpoint that Teflon tape, properly applied, seems to do an adequate job, even in challenging environments. If my choices were $100 for O2 compatible paste or a tiny fraction for O2 compatible tape, I know which one I would choose.

And in case I didn’t make it clear: I do not have a lifetime of real world experience, and I am in no way trying to present myself as anything approaching an expert.

Sorry to have interrupted the conversation.

Oh my gosh.... not at all insulted, I was being honest.

I'm not really an expert on anything, always try to remain humble and learn.

Thanks for keeping this thread up! I am watching and learning as well, hoping to bump into an affordable SA6 as well at some point...

Thanks for keeping this thread up! I am watching and learning as well, hoping to bump into an affordable SA6 as well at some point...
Couple of really nice looking ones here but I guess affordable is relative. Mine was quite a bit cheaper but is nowhere near as nice a condition or low hours and I expect to spend significant money on it shortly.
Rix Sweet 6 - Oil Free Air Compressor

I'm coming down the home stretch. I'll have a price breakdown at the end of it all. I know I've spent more than I wanted to, but if at the end of the day I don't have to drive 2 hrs round trip for fills it'll be worth it.

Couple of really nice looking ones here but I guess affordable is relative. Mine was quite a bit cheaper but is nowhere near as nice a condition or low hours and I expect to spend significant money on it shortly.
Rix Sweet 6 - Oil Free Air Compressor

These look good, but finances force me to delay my plans until next year... In any case, earlier in the thread folks suggested that "Current prices are between $2k-$3k depending on area and condition".

These look good, but finances force me to delay my plans until next year... In any case, earlier in the thread folks suggested that "Current prices are between $2k-$3k depending on area and condition".

I paid $2400 for mine and it is the newest revision (or at least fairly new compared to some). Stainless steel, dual belt, etc.

It did not have a filter tower, or whips and fittings which I splurged on more than I had to, but I figured do it right.

Still working on it, but I'm close.

Found this so I decided to drop it here! Thought it was an interesting site with LOTS of great information! Many other pages of similarly detailed info on other pages of this site!

Compressor Filter System Theory - Scuba Engineer

I can't remember who shared that with me 1st, but really breaks things down in a great way. Good read.

Following this post because I just picked up my first compressor. I think I got a good deal from a buddy who had purchased a 4.9CFM Gas-powered Alkin Mariner W31. He quickly figured out he really didn't want to fool with manually draining moisture and wanted an auto-shutoff so I got a bargain on a unit with ~20 hours on it and he is ordering a W32 with all the bells and whistles!

I just ordered and received one of these and will install it and test today to see if it will reliably keep track of hours . . . will let you know what I determine!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LD5H937/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom