My Rix SA-6 Diesel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ether :) ...have you bled the injectors?

Ether should only ever be used as a last resort. Generally speaking it is pretty hard on diesel engines.
+1 for bleeding the injectors. Also make sure the fuel filter(s) are fully primed.

It got late and I had other things to do. I believe fuel is the culprit as you guys mentioned, will be my next step.

For right now ether is out, it says everywhere on the unit and in the manual under now circumstance to use it. I've seen these small engines start with one pull so I'm 95% sure there's just air in the lines.

Thank for the ideas though....2 (or 3) heads are always better than just mine!

Well that wasn't it. Checked the lines, pump, pulled the spark plug, all looks good. Sprays a fine mist.

She sort of acts like she wants to start but just won't.

My arm can see why everyone prefers electric.

If your fuel filter has a water separator make sure its drained. It doesn't take much water in the system (from condensation buildup in tank) to make a diesel not start.

Spark plug? There is no spark plug on a diesel engine. I doubt you have a glow plug (heats air and fuel) as it would need a electricity to work. Not sure what you would have pulled unless it's a gasoline engine.

edit, may you pulled the injector.

If your fuel filter has a water separator make sure its drained. It doesn't take much water in the system (from condensation buildup in tank) to make a diesel not start.

Spark plug? There is no spark plug on a diesel engine. I doubt you have a glow plug (heats air and fuel) as it would need a electricity to work. Not sure what you would have pulled unless it's a gasoline engine.

edit, may you pulled the injector.

Dammit I'm tired...up since 3:30am. I meant injector:) I'm leaving it because that's funny.

Fuel filter is a cheap little paper filter, no serparator

Dammit I'm tired...up since 3:30am. I meant injector:) I'm leaving it because that's funny.

Fuel filter is a cheap little paper filter, no serparator
Feed it a little propane!

Feed it a little propane!

Lol, I don't need more hp, I just need the 6 or so hp that are supposed to be in there come out!!

Lol, I don't need more hp, I just need the 6 or so hp that are supposed to be in there come out!!
We used to use wd40 for starting fluid. It used to be some sort of petroleum product with butane for the propellant. It didn't make the bad sounds in a diesel that ether made, but it gave them fuel to start. WD40 no longer has butane for a propellant and won't work as starting fluid any more. Adding some propane might make the difference.

We used to use wd40 for starting fluid. It used to be some sort of petroleum product with butane for the propellant. It didn't make the bad sounds in a diesel that ether made, but it gave them fuel to start. WD40 no longer has butane for a propellant and won't work as starting fluid any more. Adding some propane might make the difference.

Well I've got plenty of that around!

It's ALIVE!!!! She's running perfect, idles down nice.

Cleaned out the fuel tank, messed with the valve, cleaned the filter. Undid the belts so no load and she fired right up.

NOW I hear an ever so faint hiss coming from the 3rd stage piston but it's coming from the fan side. My gauges tell me it's not going back into the 2ns stage. It was worse when it 1st started now it's just really faint. I have to get a hose and hold it up to my ear to hear it... any ideas what I'm in for with that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom