Question My transmitter won't pair with my Apeks DSX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I just bought the Apeks DSX along with an Apeks transmitter. I followed the instructions to pair them : i entered the serial code of the transmitter in the dive computer. But the computer doesn't detect it. I then replaced the CR2 battery, with no effect.

Is my transmitter broken ? Does my Apeks DSX has a problem ? Will the transmitter 'wake up' once it will be plugged on a regulator and receive pressure, staying 'off' before that ?

I'm going to a liveaboard to Raja Ampat in 2 weeks, i would have liked to be sure this transmitter was ok before that.

Will the transmitter 'wake up' once it will be plugged on a regulator and receive pressure, staying 'off' before that ?
This is most likely the issue. Transmitter needs to be attached to a regulator, regulator needs to be attached to a tank, and the tank valve needs to be opened. The Transmitter is one of the PPS compatible MH8A units. They turn on when they sense pressure and turn off when pressure drops below a certain threshold. So, you need a tank to check.

You got it. The transmitter doesn't turn on until it gets high pressure fed into it.

It turns off automatically, once it loses all pressure. So, to preseve battery life, you should try to remember, after you're done with it, turn your tank off and depressurize the regulator. Meaning, after pre-dive checks, if your rig is going to sit for a while before you splash, and also after you get out of the water after a dive.

Don't just turn the tank off. Turn it off AND depressurize the regulators. That will allow the transmitter to turn off (after a few minutes with no pressure).

Back
Top Bottom