My trip to Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmp5

Registered
Reaction score
Aloha!

I just got back from a trip to Kauai and it was amazing! I was in Maui 1 year ago and had heard that the diving in Kauai would not be as good but actually I enjoyed the diving in Kauai better. However, there was a big south swell in Maui when I was there, which prevented me from doing the Molokini back wall. The fish life was abundant and incredible- all colors, sorts and sizes. I dove with Anthony at Fathom Five and they are fantastic. We went to Tortugas and the Sheraton caverns. I loved swimming through the lava tubes at the caverns. We saw a shark, octopi, many turtles, eels, a pod of spinner dolphins and of course some of the most beautiful and colorful fish. It was also my first time using my the new underwater housing for my Canon powershot A95. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet, but about 10% of my pictures came out really well, which is more than I expected. The snorkeling was incredible at Ke'e beach and Tunnels beach.

There were a lot of really fun above water activities as well- we hiked the Kalalau trail on the Na Pili coast, we went kayaking up the Wailua river and hiked to the "secret falls" (but not so secret), went cliff diving and rope swinging, hiked around Waimea canyon, surfed, went to the botanical gardens, etc, etc, etc. Overall, a really fantastic vacation.

Hey Kristin!

Glad to hear you had a great time. We were just there for our Honeymoon and really liked the island - bit more country than here.

If you have a photo processing program you can resize your pics to post on the net. Usually one came with the camera. I size my pictures to 600 x 800 (or the horizontial ones to 800 x 600 ) AND be sure when you resize that you save it as an email pic and not save it over your original....you can guess how I learned that lesson
40.gif

Can't wait to see your pictures!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom