My Uemis died - Support?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkkchris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So my Uemis SDA just died. Of course it was 5 minutes into my first dive on holiday. Was working perfectly fine and then just dead. Won't charge, turn on, etc. I submitted a support request online, but not sure if anyone is checking/ responding as I'm not really sure what the status of the current company is. Any advice? Other than probably getting a new comp. Really to bad because it's a great comp.

Support is working with Uemis, I had my battery replaced a few months ago. Getting in contact might still be a bit difficult, since they are still in a build-up process for the company and many functions are occupied by single persons with no replacement in case of absence. And they are rebuilding their IT-infrastructure, including the ticketing system for the support.
It might take some time untill you get a reply, but once you are in contact with somebody it worked nicely for me. :acclaim:

If you are in the EU, there is now a support center in germany: www.dive-eq.de

Support is working with Uemis, I had my battery replaced a few months ago. Getting in contact might still be a bit difficult, since they are still in a build-up process for the company and many functions are occupied by single persons with no replacement in case of absence. And they are rebuilding their IT-infrastructure, including the ticketing system for the support.
It might take some time untill you get a reply, but once you are in contact with somebody it worked nicely for me. :acclaim:

If you are in the EU, there is now a support center in germany: www.dive-eq.de

Good news that support is working. Thanks for the info.

Any idea if there are some other outfits in EU that can either change the battery or diagnose the failure ? ( for insurance purposes)...as my Zurich just died on me.According to their website, Dive EQ have terminated agreement with them and no longer service the units.....now I tried to email them but after getting 1 reply they went quiet...haven't heard anything for two weeks now..nobody picks up the phone neither :(

edit:
managed to get through calling...somebody will call me back :)

Last edited:
Any idea if there are some other outfits in EU that can either change the battery or diagnose the failure ? ( for insurance purposes)...as my Zurich just died on me.According to their website, Dive EQ have terminated agreement with them and no longer service the units.....now I tried to email them but after getting 1 reply they went quiet...haven't heard anything for two weeks now..nobody picks up the phone neither :(

edit:
managed to get through calling...somebody will call me back :)
Did yours get repaired? I sent mine a week ago after it died too, after a dive on which it worked the entire dive without any problem. Communicating with then seems troublesome, I hope I get status of my SDA soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom