My Youth Has Been Revived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
All the remembrance of Rev. Martin Luther King's death has reminded me of the 60's. I can remember the night I heard the news in my dorm room at Harvard. For those of you who either can't remember or don't want to admit you can, that was the era of "Don't trust anyone over 30." I seriously believed I wouldn't live that long. Whew, I was very, very wrong.

Shortly after the news story above, there was a commercial for a hair coloring product that proclaimed "Don't trust anyone over 90." Now I can live with that... makes me feel young again.

I missed that commercial about not trusting anyone over 90. I remember not trusting anyone over 30 until it crept up on me. My grandmother was an old lady when she was my age. I'm not ready to be the matriarch of the family.....I'm too immature and enjoy life way too much to be responsible for the younger generation!

Doesn't it go something like if you can remember the 60's you weren't really there????

There are a lot of people that would be very very surprised that I did make it past my 30's. Me being one of them.

"Don't trust anyone over 30."
I remember that.

My 30th birthday was possibly the worst day of my life! :11:

Man I thought it was all over.........

Know what you mean, Kim. I thought I was way over the hill when I turned 30. Now I just realize there are hills ahead for as long as we live. Once you're over one, they'll be another one coming.

When I hit 50 it was like being reborn! I feel like I'm busy with a second life now!:D

Of course....... the car isn't as new as it once was but what the heck......still goes most places i need it to! :D

I remember that.

My 30th birthday was possibly the worst day of my life! :11:

Man I thought it was all over.........

Not for me - I was just plain amazed to get that old. I was one of those high school seniors who 'participated' in the draft lottery. My number was 3. I fooled 'em all and joined the Navy to avoid two years in the Army. Combine that with my affinity for all things internal combustion regardless of the number of wheels and you can start to see why I was surprised to see birthday number thirty. Fast forward about two-and-half decades and I'm getting a malignant tumor cut out. I lost some bark off one of my limbs, but I get more birthdays. Now I just wonder what happens next.

DC

In about another five years the first of my kids will be moving over the hump of 30.

Scary thought that!

In about another five years the first of my kids will be moving over the hump of 30.

Scary thought that!

Been there, done that. The hard part is watching them do some of the same stupid things that you tried - and hoping that they get away with it. Oh, well. With any luck they'll get to do the same thing when their little kids try the same stupid things.........

DC

Passed that 30 mark many Birthdays ago...my kids are now approaching that mark! Scary!

Also certifying kids of people I originally certified in the late 70's..

From that passed era...The shooting of John Kennedy still remains vivid in my mind...I still was High School then

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom