Myrtle Beach Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lilkittydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Diving to The Sherman, off the coast of northern Myrtle Beach. Im planning a dive trip here with my boyfriend and two best friends. I'm tired of diving in green waters up where I live in NC. I'm wanting to know the experiences of scuba in Myrtle Beach. Help, before I invest in it and find a better dive site for the money. I'm trying to stay under $100 for the dive trip, since hotel/gas/food are also an issue.

Myrtle Beach Scuba Diving Sites - Coastal Scuba | Myrtle Beach Scuba Diving - Coastal Scuba is the website I found it on

It's still green...lol - or in our case brown - we dove the Perry/Tugboat.

Coastal has a Sherman video:

Express Watersports in Murrells Inlet is a great op. I dive with them every year while on vacation. Nice boat and crew. Some good sites include Goldfinch, Bill Perry, City of Richmond.

+1 for Express Watersports, if you are dead set on Myrtle Beach diving. I was there a couple years ago and got some dives in on a family vacation. The water was very green and murky, maybe 15-20 foot viz on the Sherman. The tug boat was shallower and had better viz, about 20-25 ft. It was diving. It was ok, but I wouldn't go there just to dive.

My opinion is that if you are already going to be in Myrtle Beach and want to dive, go with Express Watersports. But, if you have the ability to plan a dive-specific trip, head about 3 hours north and hit Morehead City or Beaufort, NC. Much better, and clearer diving there.

If you can go to Goldfinch or C.o.R, I have dove both with viz's upwards of 45-50 ft. The one charter to Goldfinch was dang near top to bottom viz. Usually farther you go out the better the viz gets. Inshore sites such as the tugboat usually don't have great viz

Back
Top Bottom