MYUEMIS website and database - where is it??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Taken from the UEMIS SDA facebook page while talking about the online database and the website we access to sync the SDA:

"The question is to know if it's located inside the UEMIS company or somewhere else (ISP). If it's inside the UEMIS, it is likely that the service will be stopped soon, outside it can run for some time."

Can anyone find out or confirm where the service is currently hosted so we can work out how urgently we need to come up with a solution?

I am the person quoted by the OP of this thread. Glad to read it is hosted somewhere else. I've done some research on my own and it is unlikely that we will get a transfer of ownership of the two website. However I was wondering if one solution for us would be to have some sort of fundraiser every year to pay for the hosting of the website. I don't think those websites have lots of bandwith therefore if the community of UEMIS owner is willing to keep this thing running, we might be able to maintain access to our logbooks for a very small fee. That's another solution to our current problem.

Reactions: BB1
Great work guys!

Funnily enough I received a PM last night offering funds to assist the reverse engineering project if needed!

I quickly checked that ISP and their hosting fees are not that high per month for the limited traffic the website should receive.

Is it possible for 1 of you to actually call them?? Timezone and language barriers make it difficult from here and it is probably a subject best discussed over the phone.

We need to know:

Has there been any contact in regards to the liquidation?
How long into the future is the current hosting arrangement paid up for?
Can we pay the fees to keep the hosting going?

The domain names are registered until:

uemis.com - 03-JAN-2014
Myuemis.com - 15-MAY-2012

From what I know from a guy in Switzerland posting on a French forum, the Office of Liquidation has two monthes to review the offers to save UEMIS. After that, the same guy who owns a dive shop will make an offer to get the spare parts and tools for servicing those computers. In the meantime, no repair will be done (and this does not tell us if the units under warranty will be ever repaired, returned from UEMIS). On another post from rebreatherworld, a guy posted "Swiss company UEMIS AG, the makers of remarkable Uemis Zurich SDA dive computer that we recently named an “Editors Choice” has gone into bankruptcy. The message on the UEMIS website says the are “no longer handling orders” and gives contact information for the lawyers in charge of the case. Little else is known at this point. We spoke with Mike Ange, the North American distributor for UEMIS. He said that he only learned of the bankruptcy via the internet. Upon further inquiry via email, he received one “tersely worded” response from the Ernst Voellm, the Uemis CTO, re-iterating that the company was in the hands of courts and the his (Ernst) email was no longer working. Ange, did mention that UEMIS AG was unsuccessfully offered for sale at $4 million a few months ago. He said the current debt was “significant” and that it was his understanding that while the UEMIS assets are for sale to cover the debt, the technology was not available for sale. Ange said he would be stopping all deliveries and would be returning the few units he still had in inventory back to the Swiss. Mike Pedersen of Dive Right in Scuba has also contacted the court appointed team to determine if there is any hope of finding a buyer for UEMIS. He has not received any useful information as of this writing. More news here as we learn it."

About internet hosting, for what I know most hosting are paid on an annual basis. Based on the dates provided, it seems to me that we might safely go until 15-May-2012. About paying the bills, it is an agreement we must first get from one of the owners of the websites ie the people from UEMIS... While I am in the right timezone, I don't know german but I can try to contact the ISP through email and see where we go from that unless someone is fluent in german and calls them directly

Reactions: BB1
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom