N2ition Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm wondering if there are any updates on this.... So far I'm using a Virtual Machine within Win7 x64, but it's a huge pain....

The current situation is that downloading data from the dive computer should work fine using the libdivecomputer library, once you have the modified driver installed. There is a pre-patched driver available on the libdivecomputer website (or instructions if you prefer to do it yourself) and instructions on how to install/uninstall.

Parsing (e.g decoding the raw binary data) the downloaded data is also working, although there may be a few errors here and there. At the moment I do not have enough test data to improve the parsing. I could use lots more data, especially dives with different settings (nitrox/freedive/gauge mode, sample rate, tank switches, etc) active. This is something where everyone with a seiko based device can help.

But that's only one part of the story. The libdivecomputer functionality (its seiko support to be precise) still needs to be wired up in a third party application. It's on the todo list for both macdive and divinglog, but I can't tell how long it will take.

I've always wondered why the software wouldn't compute the sac rate from tank size.
Each time i try to set the tank size it will not hold the change....anyone else have this issue?

I also wished the darn computer would backlight during gas changes and have a longer backlight setting...and for petes sake can i have more than 10 min to get my crap into the water before resetting please?

Ok guys,

Sadly for the open source download driver development (but very happily for me) I'm out.

As a computer, the N2-3 is a good computer but the price is not justified if the data is not easily accessible.

Today, I sold my N2-3 as I bought an OSTC trimix OC/CCR computer that has an OLED screen. Its price is a little bit more than the combined price of the N2-3 plus the useless clothes pin/download cable.

http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/

The OSTC uses a standard usb cable to download the information and charge the replaceable battery. I have been downloading my data perfectly every time, the first time, with my Ubuntu laptop, my wife's Mac and my work's pc. The dives are also downloaded in a format used by a number of dive-log programs, so choose the one that fits you best. Have a problem, email the programmers. You'll get an email directly from one of them within hours.

Zeagle love your hardware, I'm your most loyal customer in that front.
Seiko, I promise I will never ever buy one of your products again.

Guys, you need to lift your game.

Best regards,

D

In case anyone is interested, the latest Diving Log 5.0.2 now supports direct downloading from the Zeagle N2iTiON 3. You need to install a modified Prolific usb driver, because the original Zeagle/Seiko driver is not supported.

Bravo! :D

Thanks mate

This is excellent. Before I get too excited and try to get this working.... is the Zeagle N2ition supported? I have two of them. I used to have the 'N2ition 3', but it kept dying on me, so I downgraded.

I have no idea if the N2ition uses the same transfer protocol and data format of the N2ition3. Since you are the first one to ask, the only way to know is by trying. If they are similar enough, you should be able to download with the n2ition3 test app. If not, we'll need a new backend for it. You can find instructions for collecting the necessary data on the libdivecomputer website.

As far as I know, if it works on the N2iTion, it should work fine with the N3.

Thanks!!!

Scott
Scott, has Zeagle abandoned its work on upgrading the N2ition logbook software to accommodate 64-bit Windows users?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom