NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am under a confidentiality agreement.

I can't find a single precedential authority that says a resignation letter to a not for profit board can fall under the ambit of a confidentiality agreement.

Now as I understand Floridas sunshine laws related to public charities- such a document would be obtainable by the public in response to a request. The composition and disposition of the charity's board of directors falls under the disclosure laws....

I can't find a single precedential authority that says a resignation letter to a not for profit board can fall under the ambit of a confidentiality agreement.

Without having a dog in the fight, there may be something IN the letter of resignation that does fall under a non-disclosure agreement. Something that might hurt another member or director.

Without having a dog in the fight, there may be something IN the letter of resignation that does fall under a non-disclosure agreement. Something that might hurt another member or director.

My reading of the Florida NFP law is that anything contained in the resignation letter of a board member trumps a confidentiality clause....

Regardless of what the law allows, it is clear that Michael would prefer to honor the intent of the agreement. Certainly his right.

I would just like a clarification of whether MA, Jeff and Rob resigned from the Board or resigned from NACD. Rick's official post says they resigned from NACD. That would be different from just resigning their Director positions.

Rob's post on FB Chipola Divers indicated that it was a BOD resignation but that he continued to support NACD as a NACD member. This was, however, posted before the suspension news broke and I haven't heard anything to the contrary since then. I'm assuming that the NACD instructor card requires NACD membership and if suspension is ongoing, then he's still a member.

I would just like a clarification of whether MA, Jeff and Rob resigned from the Board or resigned from NACD. Rick's official post says they resigned from NACD. That would be different from just resigning their Director positions.

From the news release:

"As has become public knowledge, at this time three members of the NACD Board of Directors and the Operations Officer Resigned from their positions"

attachment.php

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom