NACD update 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NACD

Reaction score
Hey all, here is some information on recent and upcoming activities by the NACD.

The third quarter board meeting will be held at Ginnie Springs this afternoon at 6:00PM

In April, we had our annual NACD Safety Day at Ginnie Springs. We had 20+ attendees at the event and were able to discuss a variety of cave diving safety/procedure topics. Thanks to Larry G for moderating this event. More information on this event will be in the 2nd quarter journal.

In May, we manned a booth at the NSS-CDS Workshop in Marianna. Those who attended witnessed an informative and well planned workshop. For everyone else - hope to see you next year. At the risk of leaving someone out, Rob N, Edd S, and a host of volunteers did a great job with this event.

The NACD registered as a sponsor for the second annual Great Suwannee River Cleanup. Last year, 500 volunteers helped remove 30,000 pounds (aka 15 tons or 120 Sandys) of trash from the Suwannee River. The 2011 event officially kicks off on Saturday, September 10 at Ivey Memorial Park in Branford, Fl. We will keep you posted as the NACD decides on a date and river location for our part of the cleanup. For more information, go to Current Problems, Inc. Home Page

The Madison Blue Springs State Park cleanup in March was a success so look for us to have a followup cleanup later this year at Madison.

For more information on the NACD, go to National Association For Cave Diving. If you wish to become more involved with the NACD or would like to volunteer your time, you may contact me at the email address below.

Safe diving,

Sandy Robinson
pr@safecavediving.com

The summer has been slow but the NACD will be hosting or setting up booths at various events between now and the end of the year. Here are some dates for you.

Monday, August 15 - Journal deadline.
Saturday, September 10 – Booth at the Great Suwannee Cleanup kick off at Ivey Memorial Park in Branford from 10AM to 2PM.
Sunday, September 11 – NACD’s cleanup of the Suwannee from Hart Springs to Rock Bluff – more information to follow.
Saturday, September 24 – NACD workday at the Man in the Sea Museum in Panama City Beach.
Saturday, October 8, 2011 - NACD BOD meeting.
Saturday, October 29 – Booth at REACT.
Wednesday, November 2 thru Friday, November 5 – Booth at DEMA.
Friday, November 11 – NACD social at Ginnie Springs.
Saturday, November 12 – NACD 43rd Annual World Seminar and general membership meeting in Gainesville, Fl.
Sunday, November 13 – NACD 5th Annual CCR Cave Summit at TBD.
Sunday, November 13 – Vertical Dry Cave Clinic at Jennings Cave.

Also, later this year, I hope we can have a follow-up cleanup day at Madison Blue with the NFSA.

If you need any additional information on the NACD events, let me know. Hope to see you at some of the above events. Also, if there is anything you would like to see that the NACD is not offering, let me know.

For more information on the NACD, go to National Association For Cave Diving. If you wish to become more involved with the NACD or would like to volunteer your time, you may contact me at the email address below.

Safe diving,

Sandy Robinson
pr@safecavediving.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom