Naked Dive for the 100th dive? Really?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 95 dives now and I have been constantly reminded of this tradition here in hawaii....I am 66 yrs old and fit but not keen on scaring the fish....so I told my buddies I looked up the regs and paragraph 6/section C of scuba protocols clearly states that the requirement for a naked dive is waived if the diver in question is over 60 and/or has a documented penile length of greater than 8 inches...all I can say is I qualify......aloha...peter

Don't get those birthers started on Hawaiian documentation. That has been out of the news cycle for a while. :D

In the interest of not totally derailing another thread, I have broken away with this question:

I have heard that the hundredth dive is traditionally done naked, but really, has anyone here really done that?

Yes...

thankfully, my last dive while in Tobermory was #99........

As for you guys up north, I guess you're not as tough as you think.

You come urge on a team of sled dogs with it all day and then use it as an avalanche probe - enough's enough. Besides, no one wants us damaging the reef do they?

I was talking to a friend on the weekend and she had been diving in Malta this summer... The staff at the shop she was adopted by told her that this was also their custom. Staff only...

Since Tobermory is home base for me, I've certainly passed on this custom. When we camp up here, a late-night skinny dip is customary to wash up before bed... but, it's a short dip. So is everything else, if you know what I mean. :(

You come urge on a team of sled dogs with it all day and then use it as an avalanche probe - enough's enough. Besides, no one wants us damaging the reef do they?

That gives a new meaning to danglies.

Just clip it off to your gear, no problems!

Well, in some parts of the world the chill factor alone would render a "Turtle Effect" that would make even Ron Jeremy embarrassed to show off his stuff. However, if you were diving from Hedo III in Jamaica, I would not be surprised to see an "Awe Natural" diver at all. Regardless of how many dives the person had. B.

Coming up to #400 in a week or so. Will be while DMing an OW class late Oct. in Nova Scotia. Will not be naked.

did this on a live aboard on the GBR. no one barmy instructor buddy would hane known. jumped in found a seckude spot doned my birthday suite dove for a couple of minutes starkers, got dressed returned to boat.

camera ban on dive. :)

At Cook Islands one of our dive buddies from home hit his hundredth. Did it naked with backroll and all. Oh the humanity . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom