Name 1 Scuba-related Thing You've Done Which No One Else Has

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This isn't something I did, but my wife did....

Her very first dive with a tank on her back was a $70,000 military rebreather. Our club had set up a "mystery dive" one weekend at the Devonport Naval Base, Auckland. It involved each of us diving on a Viper rebreather with a navy seal as our guide. The rest of us had dived with tanks before but her only prior diving experience was on a hookah.

When I was younger and a new diver (19 and 1988) I would dive Bauxite's pits just to dive. 2 feet of muck walking out, no life but a few mutated crawfish and you will poop a most interesting shade of green the next day. No reason to dive there except it was close and bottom time. Hence my screen name given me by my dive shop. I am just glad when my wife gave birth he had 5 fingers and toes

When I was younger and a new diver (19 and 1988) I would dive Bauxite's pits just to dive. 2 feet of muck walking out, no life but a few mutated crawfish and you will poop a most interesting shade of green the next day. No reason to dive there except it was close and bottom time. Hence my screen name given me by my dive shop. I am just glad when my wife gave birth he had 5 fingers and toes
Reminder to never dive in pits. Most babies have ten fingers and toes. :)

My kids had total of 20 fingers and toes, EACH!

P8060321.jpg

Back in the early 90's I scuba'ed a 2 mile section of the Wood/Pawcatuck River from the Burridickville Dam to the Bradford landing. To the best of my knowledge nobody else has done that dive. Picked up a number of old bottles from the 1800's on that dive. They are all lined up on the window sill of our large 1st floor window.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom