• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Name change issues?

Discussion in 'Women's Perspectives' started by uncfnp, Apr 9, 2019.

1. uncfnp

uncfnp Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect and the best way to go about changing my name on all my documents/certificates/paperwork/airline reservations after my upcoming wedding? Just thinking of all the things that will need to be updated is almost enough to keep me single!

RainPilot likes this.
  2. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Or you can just keep your name and not have to go through all the hoohah. :wink:

Ana, maj2, Kharon and 1 other person like this.
  3. RainPilot

RainPilot completey delusional scientology snowflake Staff Member

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Congrats with the wedding, commiserations on the bureaucratic BS incoming...

uncfnp likes this.
  4. uncfnp

uncfnp Solo Diver

Don’t think I didn’t consider it. But Turner is a leftover from my last marriage over 20 years ago when I was too lazy to do the name change then!

Thanks. Its been years coming but turning 60 this past year I decided it was time to make us legal. But mostly to make my step daughter official.

Ana, chillyinCanada and RainPilot like this.
  5. Esprise Me

Esprise Me Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    You'll have to contact each of the government agencies that issue each of your documents separately and provide a copy of your marriage license: Changing Your Name After Marriage

The good news is it's generally a little simpler to take your husband's name when you get married than to change your name under any other circumstances. Good luck and congrats.

uncfnp likes this.
  6. uncfnp

uncfnp Solo Diver

Thanks. I had read a few other on line recommendations but that one had a few I had not thought of.

So for my dive certifications, do I need to change those too or can I get by with the photo id on them or maybe show a copy of the marriage certificate too? I have cards from 6 different agencies :rolleyes: Of course I only actually use a few of them.

7. melanie.

melanie. Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I have never had anyone care that my dive cards had maiden name. Don't even bother with copy of marriage certificate

Congrats!

uncfnp likes this.
  8. TGIF

TGIF Angel Fish

If you are continuing to train, I would call up each agency and talk with them. You'll probably need to have cards reissued ( I would just do the most current/ advanced one).

9. In2theabyss

In2theabyss Nassau Grouper

This is from PADI with a slight "fee" I am sure the others follow suite....Congrats!

Changed your name?

Send a copy of legal documentation reflecting your name change and either mail it to the address listed below, fax it to +1 949 267 1261, or email to customerservice@padi.com. Contact the PADI Customer Service Department for current processing fees at 800 729 7234 (US and Canada), +1 949 858 7234, ext. 2430..

PADI
    Certification Card Processing
    30151 Tomas Street
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
    USA

TGIF likes this.