Name change issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect and the best way to go about changing my name on all my documents/certificates/paperwork/airline reservations after my upcoming wedding? Just thinking of all the things that will need to be updated is almost enough to keep me single!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect and the best way to go about changing my name on all my documents/certificates/paperwork/airline reservations after my upcoming wedding? Just thinking of all the things that will need to be updated is almost enough to keep me single!
Congrats with the wedding, commiserations on the bureaucratic BS incoming...

Or you can just keep your name and not have to go through all the hoohah. :wink:
Don’t think I didn’t consider it. But Turner is a leftover from my last marriage over 20 years ago when I was too lazy to do the name change then!

Congrats with the wedding, commiserations on the bureaucratic BS incoming...
Thanks. Its been years coming but turning 60 this past year I decided it was time to make us legal. But mostly to make my step daughter official.

You'll have to contact each of the government agencies that issue each of your documents separately and provide a copy of your marriage license: Changing Your Name After Marriage

The good news is it's generally a little simpler to take your husband's name when you get married than to change your name under any other circumstances. Good luck and congrats.

You'll have to contact each of the government agencies that issue each of your documents separately and provide a copy of your marriage license: Changing Your Name After Marriage

The good news is it's generally a little simpler to take your husband's name when you get married than to change your name under any other circumstances. Good luck and congrats.
Thanks. I had read a few other on line recommendations but that one had a few I had not thought of.

So for my dive certifications, do I need to change those too or can I get by with the photo id on them or maybe show a copy of the marriage certificate too? I have cards from 6 different agencies :rolleyes: Of course I only actually use a few of them.

I have never had anyone care that my dive cards had maiden name. Don't even bother with copy of marriage certificate

Congrats!

If you are continuing to train, I would call up each agency and talk with them. You'll probably need to have cards reissued ( I would just do the most current/ advanced one).

This is from PADI with a slight "fee" I am sure the others follow suite....Congrats!

Changed your name?

Send a copy of legal documentation reflecting your name change and either mail it to the address listed below, fax it to +1 949 267 1261, or email to customerservice@padi.com. Contact the PADI Customer Service Department for current processing fees at 800 729 7234 (US and Canada), +1 949 858 7234, ext. 2430..

PADI
Certification Card Processing
30151 Tomas Street
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
USA

Question. Has anyone any experience with delaying a name change for their passports? I had planned to update my passport/global entry after my Bonaire trip two weeks ago but a little more research and it seems there is no reason to rush.

So with 2 more airline tickets in Turner I think I will wait a bit to make that change unless someone tells me otherwise...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom